Forge Fields - Need map builders

Rob

Jul 29, 2019
0kh3XXN.png
Forge Fields is a new Minecraft "Hub" style server network that will deliver Feed the Beast flavoured mini games to players all over the world. Forge Fields will run monthly tournaments and league tables in each of the game types that we support and our aim is to keep expanding these game types over time as the community grows.​
Now this is where you come in! We need a team of talented map builders who want to create maps for the Forge Fields network and our up and coming mini games.​
You will be rewarded handsomely with in game perks and VIP status. Like the sound of it, and think you have the skills, then get in touch and become part of our new minecraft community.​
To apply we need your Minecraft User Name, Age, and screen shots of your previous work. Please email us at [email protected] or reply to this post with the details. If successful you will be whitelisted on our build server.​
MC Username:​
Screen shots of your previous work:​
If you don't want to apply but want to submit a pre made map then simply get in touch.​
We'll see you on the fields!​
Any questions please ask.​

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I would be more than happy to do computercraft code for y'all.

IGN: goreae
My voting system that I made ages ago and tried to update to a third rendition but sort of lost interest. It has an ID system too.

Rob

Jul 29, 2019

Hi

Thats great, most of our voting and lobby systems are handled by Bukkit plugins (mainly for ease) so we are manly interested in people which are able to build structures and terrain for maps. If you still want to help or know anyone else which would want to let me know!

Thanks

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Hi there!

So, what level of building skill are we talking about here? I can certainly terraform quite well, but I doubt I could show that in a screenshot :p

I'm also a decent builder when I put my mind to it, although I don't know if that's the level you want...[DOUBLEPOST=1381855501][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, another question:

Would we have custom texture packs for every server?

Rob

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there!

So, what level of building skill are we talking about here? I can certainly terraform quite well, but I doubt I could show that in a screenshot :p

I'm also a decent builder when I put my mind to it, although I don't know if that's the level you want...[DOUBLEPOST=1381855501][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, another question:

Would we have custom texture packs for every server?

Hi

Terraforming is a great thing! We currently have three game types which will be going in to open beta with, these being Spleef, Skywars and a Survival/Hunger games each with their own FTB twist and features to change them from there vanilla brothers and sisters. Here's two screenshots taken from one of our build worlds of a Skywars map http://imgur.com/a/m33iN (imagine it without the world below).

We plan on creating a few Survival game maps which will involve a lot voxel sniper, world edit and creation of building structures so if you would like to help out with that or any other maps let me know!

As for texture packs we do not plan in having custom packs to begin with but it is something we(Forge fields team) have briefly spoke about looking in to and how we could use it to improve the playing experience.

Thanks Rob.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Hi

Terraforming is a great thing! We currently have three game types which will be going in to open beta with, these being Spleef, Skywars and a Survival/Hunger games each with their own FTB twist and features to change them from there vanilla brothers and sisters. Here's two screenshots taken from one of our build worlds of a Skywars map http://imgur.com/a/m33iN (imagine it without the world below).

We plan on creating a few Survival game maps which will involve a lot voxel sniper, world edit and creation of building structures so if you would like to help out with that or any other maps let me know!

As for texture packs we do not plan in having custom packs to begin with but it is something we(Forge fields team) have briefly spoke about looking in to and how we could use it to improve the playing experience.

Thanks Rob.

Heh, well, I have zero experience with Voxelsniper, I just do it the old fashioned way! But yes I would love to help terraform, maybe even build!

Rob

Jul 29, 2019
So, has this project died, or just the thread?

Sorry! still alive and progress is advancing! if you want access to the build server let me know your Minecraft username and I will get you set up with permissions so you can come on and help.

We are in the progress of finishing four Spleef maps, heres a little sneak peak http://imgur.com/a/2Eari

RazorEgg

Jul 29, 2019
I have never played Skywars, but I have one nice idea for a map, which might look a bit like the jungle2 (with the floating islands and stuff).
I'm also working on a Wand Speef map so when I have that one ready, I might send a screenshot of that one.

I hope that I will be able to make some maps for this server.

RazorEgg

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to just import schematics into the server?
Because I'm a lot better with MCEdit than with WorldEdit or VoxelSniper.

Rob

Jul 29, 2019
Wht are you guys doing for hosting?

We currently run two 32Gb servers which are hosted in Germany and would only take a few hours to get more online.

What sort and scale of structures do you need?

We are mainly looking for completed maps for our game types (Wand Spleef, Skywars and coming soon Survival Games).

Survival Games maps have a 500 radius dome which needs to be filled with hills, Buildings, forests etc.
Skywars are mainly small islands but have a large center one which has more items to loot on it (A link to screenshots can be found in a previous post).
Wand Spleef change size depending on design, RazorEgg recently submitted one we really like which can be viewed here http://imgur.com/a/N94nk

Last edited:

unicow1221

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I am 13 and I have built a few server spawns, and my username is unicow1221.
I also have some experience with WorldEdit

A question I was going to ask, Do you need any staff for the server?

Attachments

• 2013-11-17_16.24.41.png
    2013-11-17_16.24.41.png
    295.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 2013-11-17_17.33.47.png
    2013-11-17_17.33.47.png
    532 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

sweetNvicious

Jul 29, 2019
is the server still running and do you need any staff. if so message me if i could help
14 years old, mature and username is:
sweetNvicious

Darc

Jul 29, 2019
Its running just nobody plays anymore and I would make a few youtube videos on there but cant