Forge Essentials Permissions Problem

chaogomu

Jan 29, 2013
I had thought of that. deoped myself and then used the console to change my group. it didn't work.

chaogomu

Jan 29, 2013
Further testing shows that none of the changes that I've made to any permissions have gone into effect.

This isn't just a zones thing. there are permissions that should be global that are using the installed defaults.

ronan75

Jul 29, 2019
You might want to just wipe the perms you have and start over. You only have to give the perms you want, you wont need to deny as many as you did. They are denied by default.

chaogomu

Jan 29, 2013
Most of that was the default. the main changes were to the zones. The other changes were actually allowing more in some places.

chaogomu

Jan 29, 2013
I've restarted my server several times. also reinstalled.

None of my changes to permissions stick. everything is replaced with the generated permissions. Tried importing and that didn't work either. (mainly because it says that '/p import' is an unknown command)

mindlesspuppetz

Jul 29, 2019
If the changes aren not being saved, it could be the chmod on the files is wrong on the server? So minecraft isn't able to write to the files. Might want to check that.

DarkDestry

Jul 29, 2019
If you are using a non-bukkit server, there an alternative permissions system and also a protection mod. They are MyTown and its dependency PermissionsEX. Its compatability with ForgeEssentials is not guaranteed

monkeyking1123

Jul 29, 2019
If the changes aren not being saved, it could be the chmod on the files is wrong on the server? So minecraft isn't able to write to the files. Might want to check that.
would you happen to know where the chmod is? I am also having troubles with my perms and people not being able to do anything at all.

luacs1998

Jul 29, 2019
It's a FTP command you need to run, google it up.
Generally you need to allow access to the ForgeEssentials folder - i haven't used FTP in years so meh :p