forestry tree farm+ wrath lamp = bug

alinoe

Jul 29, 2019
I set up a forestry tree farm (combine, logger and forester) inside a building, put a wrath lamp 12 blocks (ceiling of the building) above the combine. the combine is loaded (humus +sapling) all is powered by 2 combustion engines and.....nothing happens ! (not even the laying up of humus)

remove the wrath lamp....everything work like a charm

I scrached my head 2 hours before removing the wrath lamp :-(

AliasXNeo

Jul 29, 2019
I have a wrath lamp about 6 blocks east of 3 tree farms, above a wheat farm. Everything works fine for me. I'll try moving it and see if I can repeat it.

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
Wrath lamps generate an invisible light block under it and your arboretum (which is what you should use for a tree farm) is trying to remove it to give room for the trees to grow. So, each time it gets destroyed, the light block is instantly replaced making an infinite loop.

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
Wrath lamps generate an invisible light block under it and your arboretum (which is what you should use for a tree farm) is trying to remove it to give room for the trees to grow. So, each time it gets destroyed, the light block is instantly replaced making an infinite loop.

This, also trees seem to not grow with the invisible-blocks around. But I haven't tried them with newer versions for this.

RedHairdYoda

Jul 29, 2019
Reviving thread...... so how far must you keep the lamps from the tree farm to ensure no problems with tree?

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
Reviving thread...... so how far must you keep the lamps from the tree farm to ensure no problems with tree?

You don't...

The wrath light creates such a large field of even lighting using those light blocks (it uses the light blocks to eliminate the need to dynamically light the area which lowers lag potential).. So long as the wrath lamp has an effect on the lighting of an area, it will continue to interfere with the blocks that don't like it (trees, arboreteums etc).

Wheat shouldn't have an issue as it never grows "out" of its initial block, but sugar cane, flax, corn and hennequin should logically all not really like the light blocks as well (since they check for a "blocK" above them before growing.)

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Wheat shouldn't have an issue as it never grows "out" of its initial block, but sugar cane, flax, corn and hennequin should logically all not really like the light blocks as well (since they check for a "blocK" above them before growing.)
I would like to point out that I've never really had an issue with sugar cane growth while using wrath lamp lighting. At least I think so...

DaWhiskers

Jul 29, 2019
The problem as i remember it is almost purely in the sapling code, its hardcoded in vanilla MC to check for block id 0 above it to grow, rather than using the isair() function.