Forestry multifarm and refined storage

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inifus

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to autocraft the fertilizer and putting it in the farm, but I've tried inserting from bottom and from the side, but no fertilizer ends up in the farm inventory.

does the farm work with refined storage stuff? I've done this before with applied energistics... but I don't remember how I set it up.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
I'm trying to autocraft the fertilizer and putting it in the farm, but I've tried inserting from bottom and from the side, but no fertilizer ends up in the farm inventory.

does the farm work with refined storage stuff? I've done this before with applied energistics... but I don't remember how I set it up.
Try using the forestry pipes to pump items in. Use an exporter to export the fertilizer into a chest and pump the items out from there.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
forestry pipes? can't find them using JEI with @forestry in the search bar
I remember from infinity evolved there used to be like a pipe that could sort things, good for bees and trees. Not sure if its in the newer version. If not then use some sort of pipe or conduit.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Make sure you're connecting directly to a Farm Hatch, which is what allows items in/out. It will also auto-eject downwards from a hatch, though whether to an RS Interface, I don't know.

Reactions: Robijnvogel

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I remember from infinity evolved there used to be like a pipe that could sort things, good for bees and trees. Not sure if its in the newer version. If not then use some sort of pipe or conduit.

I believe the pipes you remember using are actually Buildcraft pipes, which don't exist in 1.10.

@KingTriaxx is correct - all items incoming and outgoing need to do so through a Farm Hatch. If you need to, you can place multiple Farm Hatches in your multiblock and it will still work. Similarly, all fluids need a Farm Valve, and power goes in through the Farm Gearbox (adding multiple Gearboxes will increase the speed of your farm).

I tend to make a Hatch for input and a second for output (extra cost is minimal) so any issues that may arise are easier to troubleshoot. That said, it can be done with a single Hatch if piped properly.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
I believe the pipes you remember using are actually Buildcraft pipes, which don't exist in 1.10.

@KingTriaxx is correct - all items incoming and outgoing need to do so through a Farm Hatch. If you need to, you can place multiple Farm Hatches in your multiblock and it will still work. Similarly, all fluids need a Farm Valve, and power goes in through the Farm Gearbox (adding multiple Gearboxes will increase the speed of your farm).

I tend to make a Hatch for input and a second for output (extra cost is minimal) so any issues that may arise are easier to troubleshoot. That said, it can be done with a single Hatch if piped properly.
I looked it up, its actually the logistics pipe. It had options to filter drones, princess, saplings,and combs and fertilizer.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Now that I think about it, Forestry DID have a pipe, but it was entirely dependent on Buildcraft being installed. That was the Apiarist pipe that could filter drones and princesses, and items.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Refined Storage cable to hopper to multifarm. multifarm to hopper to refined storage cable.

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
Now that I think about it, Forestry DID have a pipe, but it was entirely dependent on Buildcraft being installed. That was the Apiarist pipe that could filter drones and princesses, and items.

Yes. The pipe has been relocated to BuildCraftCompat in 1.7.10, and Forestry was planning on adding their own bee sorting/filtering machine that was not dependent on BuildCraft.

Reactions: KingTriaxx