Forestry Multiblock Tree Farm

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Altaïr117

Jul 29, 2019
So I set up a 3x3x4 forestry multiblock treefarm and linked it to a logistics system supplying it with saplings, dirt, and fertilizer, and I have an extracting pipe taking the wood and apples out. I thought it was supposed to take the saplings out and keep it stocked with 1 stack of saplings but it doesn't touch the saplings. The saplings don't go to the output inventory, is there anyway I can get them to be pumped out without hooking up the system to the top of the farm?

EDIT: I let the farm fill it's inventory with saplings, but when it does that it doesn't send any saplings out. I don't know what it does with the saplings it gets after that but it's definitely not sending them into my logistics system.

Last edited:

Altaïr117

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, alright, thanks for the help. I've been playing FTB since the modpack came out but this is my first time making a multiblock farm

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Oh, alright, thanks for the help. I've been playing FTB since the modpack came out but this is my first time making a multiblock farm
I think(not sure if you still can) you can just fill the 5/6 of the sapling slots out with something like cobble if you don't want it to store so many. But the larger farms can actually use up a lot of saplings if something go wrong, so might just as well be a good idea to keep the 6 slots in reserve.

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
They can only take saplings/seeds.

But I could see the funny side of loading it with cobble, and watching farm plant it everywhere.
The farm can also take pollen which you get from butterflys and possibly other sources.
Since the farm cant plant pollen, it works great as a filler.

Encase your tree farm in glass and you will eventually get butterflies spawning.