Forestry Breeding Help?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
I am looking for someone to explain to me how to do Forestry bee and tree breeding. As many of the little details as possible. If someone can do it with pictures that would be great.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I agree with Middleclaw, with one exception: There are now two types of bee Princesses: Pristine, and Ignoble. Pristine's will live and reproduce forever. Ignoble bees will die out after a few generations. As long as you don't use them as a basis for breeding higher tiers, there's nothing wrong with Ignobles to produce things, just be aware you'll lose them after a while.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
I agree with Middleclaw, with one exception: There are now two types of bee Princesses: Pristine, and Ignoble. Pristine's will live and reproduce forever. Ignoble bees will die out after a few generations. As long as you don't use them as a basis for breeding higher tiers, there's nothing wrong with Ignobles to produce things, just be aware you'll lose them after a while.
When I last played Forestry, The bee house will allow you to keep ignobles virtually indefinatly but the clevats are you must restock the bee house manually as they cannot be automated (by design) and they do not allow cross breeding. The plus side is that the bees lifespan is trippled.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I think the bee house also has a much higher output than the apairy, so it might be useful if you want a few honeycombs on the quick.

As for tree breeding, butterflies can also breed trees- so it might be worth building a large greenhouse to contain them.

Theres a neat mod called Bee Better at Bees which provides a breeding tree/graphic for NEI. (sadly 1.7 only)

Finally- heres and old post of mine where I explain a good chunk of it

Reactions: triggerfinger12

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
"A few" being over a hundred on average. Ignobles are under-rated :)

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Not to mention, I would do all of my breeding with the ignobles. Then transfer the traits I need to pristines for production. Most people shy from the ignobles. To me it doesn't really make a difference as long as they are kept out of my production hives.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
also, just because I am me. There are also CC programs out there that automate the breeding process. Not sure how well they work though as I never used them....