Forestry - Breeding & Facts about bees [SPOILER]

Cipher

Jul 29, 2019
oh god, i've traveled over 8000 blocks from our base to find such a thing, eventually thinking they didn't exist, well, guess i'll travel some more

thanks very much for your help :)

EDIT; 28 000 blocks out and nothing but ocean -_-
update; 36 000 ....
Cipher

Maldroth

Jul 29, 2019
oh god, i've traveled over 8000 blocks from our base to find such a thing, eventually thinking they didn't exist, well, guess i'll travel some more

thanks very much for your help :)

Cipher

Cipher I can confirm it must be a Vanilla Forest Biome. I found two small patches of ones mixed in a Plains Biome for me 2000ish blocks out. After 2-3 generations I had a Heroic mutation. Also make sure to watch that they get the Heroic effect if you care about that. My first attempt didn't get the trait so I kept mutating until it did.

Reactions: Cipher

Cipher

Jul 29, 2019
not so worried about the heroic effect, just want them for cocoa beans since they are the fastest to produce said item (need them for chocolate frames)
And u found a forest biome inside a plain biome? o_O

server crashed after travelling 52 thousand blocks, but might check out the plains biome when it's done saving all those new chunks, thanks for the tip :)
(the server size went from 800megs to 2.4gigs doing so...)

Cipher

Maldroth

Jul 29, 2019
not so worried about the heroic effect, just want them for cocoa beans since they are the fastest to produce said item (need them for chocolate frames)
And u found a forest biome inside a plain biome? o_O

server crashed after travelling 52 thousand blocks, but might check out the plains biome when it's done saving all those new chunks, thanks for the tip :)
(the server size went from 800megs to 2.4gigs doing so...)

Cipher

Yeah my reaction was the same when I saw it but I had a streak of plains next to a Jungle and Desert and in the plains there were two smallish patches of Forest with Oak and Birch trees. I set up some Apiaries and after an evening of breeding I had some Heroic bees. Also bring a crafting bench some Soul Sand and materials for frames to make Soul Frames if you want to speed up the mutation process. You will need to have Extra Bees installed for Soul Frames. Make sure you have about half a dozen drones of each in case your hybrids turn back into pures. It took me a few tries.

As for the Heroic effect I figured it was worth it to get as I could then breed it into other production bees. I kinda like the idea of my bees attacking mobs. No idea how effective it will be though.

Cipher

Jul 29, 2019
^i love you! you were right, my plains had a bit of derpy forest as well, come to believe i travelled 52000 blocks for it at first, while there it was, just sitting outside my base, 200 blocks away :)

and yeah, used an alveary for the mutation (5uranium +5mutators = 100%)
got lucky with the effect as well i guess, heroic on both the drone and princess :D

Thanks again, was getting tired of seeing nothing but ocean :p

Cipher

Reactions: Maldroth

Maldroth

Jul 29, 2019
Fantastic! Yeah I needed to find a Forest as well for Grapes. I have Vinyard installed from Growthcraft and vanilla forests are the only places to find grapes naturally. Now I can plant vinyards and make wine. The wine offers 30 seconds of Resistance buff.

Cipher

Jul 29, 2019
distilled is oily + industrious
oily is primeval + modest
primeval is ancient + noble

you should have the the ancient, noble and industrious if you're thinking about distilled ones i'm assuming :)

@Maldroth mindcrack don't have no wine, but i'll say cheers with a coffee cup :p

Cipher

Reactions: Maldroth

rasmusrrrr

Jul 29, 2019
thank you for helping me and have the direwolf20´s pack have the bees i think
if any one have a viedo so i can se the biom or all the fingi

Brewzkie

Jul 29, 2019
Infinity Evolved: In order to start Gendustry one must create the Infinity Bee to produce the power module.

How do you create the infinity bee? Silicon and Energetic won't mutate by itself, it seems it requires something under the apiary. Does anyone have any ideas?

MaryuZ

Jul 29, 2019
I know this is a super old thread but it's very useful info.
playing mc 1.7.10 (a TFC pack) and forestry is so brutal without binnies mods......
I don't see the marshy line of bees in there....what about those? boggy bees.....they are like the source for the strong flyer trait right?