Forestry 2 - Soldering iron issue?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Aussiexenu

Jul 29, 2019
So after watching DW20's spotlight on the new farms and stuff, I decided I'd fire up ye olde test world and give the things a whirl. Making blocks, works. Valves etc. also work. It clicks together to make the multi-block farm just fine.

But I cannot for the life of me get the soldering iron to work... ever. Intricate, basic, it eats the tubes and keeps the circuit blank and sitting in the top slot. Judging by video's on how it works, and based of past experience, the board should move downwards once complete and is pretty much instant?

Tubes first, under the right heading, and then board. Tried all manner of variations, the tubes show the correct info under the correct heading... /sadpanda

Sengir

Jul 29, 2019
2.0.0.2 has a bug with the soldering iron gui. You can circumvent it by inserting the tubes first, _then_ inserting the circuit board. 2.0.0.3 fixes that issue.

Foodoholic

Jul 29, 2019
2.0.0.2 has a bug with the soldering iron gui. You can circumvent it by inserting the tubes first, _then_ inserting the circuit board. 2.0.0.3 fixes that issue.

The work around you suggested also ate my tubes :( Playing on server with forestry 2.0.0.2.

LieutLaww

Jul 29, 2019
the way it worked for me was to make sure all 4 of the tube slots are filled other wise the circuit or the tube is eaten

Armitige

Jul 29, 2019
Fix doesn't work for me either. If I put tubes in, then the board, the tubes disappear and the board remains in the top slot. There's no way to put a tube in every slot, because the intricate board will only accept 3 tubes, if you put in 4 it says, "Layout mismatch" or something like that.

Reactions: RedBoss

Armitige

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I kind of figured this out. The number and combination of tubes is where the problem lies. I found if I put 2 bronze electron tubes, 1 tin and 1 iron into an intricate board, it works. If you try 3 bronze and 1 iron it fails. I guess you just have to blindly try combinations until you get the right one. Seems a bit harsh for the soldering iron to destroy all the tubes if the combination is invalid.

Plornt

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you so much Armitige, that is the only thing that has worked for me. I keep wandering into threads where they are screaming "You have to put the electron tubes in first" without realizing that is what we are doing.

Armitige

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you so much Armitige, that is the only thing that has worked for me. I keep wandering into threads where they are screaming "You have to put the electron tubes in first" without realizing that is what we are doing.
Hehe, I had a guy that plays on the server repeatedly telling me the same thing as I pulled my hair out trying to work this one out. So frustrating.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Hehe, I had a guy that plays on the server repeatedly telling me the same thing as I pulled my hair out trying to work this one out. So frustrating.
i'll try this, but i don't feel bad about cheating in the boards and tubes since i lost so many due to a bug

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
I've never had this bug happen to me. That might because i have quite frankly never ended up trying to use one of the bugged combinations.
Now would you blame people for thinking you are just derping/trolling when they can't replicate your issue? The only bug that is reliably replicatable here is the circuit board first bug.

Why not post some of the combinations that fail, so that sir sengir might have a chance at finding out what is going on?
I'm going to do some testing now, just trying out different combinations and seeing if i can hit one of the bad ones.

ETA: I tested both the combinations posted above, and both work fine for me. no bug happened. Now mindcrack pack has had an update since this thread was started, so for anyone still having an issue with this it might be prudent to update to the latest. I'l happily test any and all combination that people have had issues with.

Delcar

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still having the issue in the DW20 pack, and have yet to find a combination that works. I'll personally wait for the pack to update, and make due with more electrical engines rather than more efficient ones :D

As Stalin said, quantity is its own quality.

wash4717

Jul 29, 2019
I am having a similar issue.

I have done exactly what everyone says, along with many other combinations, etc. The circuit board programs correctly, no issues, but when finished, it will not go into the empty circuit board slot, in the position you indicated.

I have tried all four board types with appropriate tubes, etc, to no avail. I have used several older versions of the forestry mod also.

There was another individual I just read about who had the same issue, and someone suggested he place the circuit board a little higher, at the top of the empty socket slot, does not work anywhere for me.

Very frustrating. I have been fooling around with this for days. I love the mod and want to use the multi farm mod. I can get the
default farm to work fine without any circuit board, grow all kinds of trees, produce wood block, empty ash, everything seem to work fine.

Am stumped.

Last edited:

wash4717

Jul 29, 2019
If its a two year old topic, then why don't your provide me with the answer. I have spent days on the web and searched many forums for an answer.

Have also tried everything under the sun to find a solution. So I turned to a site that is supposed to be friendly and supportive, and all I get are two
cryptic answers. Thanks for the help guys.

wash4717

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, and by the way, I had previously read these threads, and none of the replies solved my issue, so why shouldn't I try to use this site to figure out what is wrong.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Oh, and by the way, I had previously read these threads, and none of the replies solved my issue, so why shouldn't I try to use this site to figure out what is wrong.

What version of the mod are you using?

wash4717

Jul 29, 2019
Hi:

Thanks for asking.

MC 1.7.10 Forge 10.13.2.1291, Forestry Rel 3.5.3.11, Buildcraft 6.2.6, Industrial Craft 2.2.2.718.

I have tried running the forestry mod alone in an earlier save before adding the other mods, same result, cannot insert the circuit board after it has been successfully programed. Also tried different ver. of the forestry mod, with and without other mods. Nothing I have done solves the problem.

Just doesn't seem to work. It appears to be a gui issue of some sorts.

Anyhow, I appreciate your time and effort.