Foresry multi-farms

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

goooberlious

Jul 29, 2019
So i've been playing around my my friends server and decided to try out these "new" forestry multifarms (i usually went the Steve's carts 2 route for automatic wood farm) and based on what i found out i got everything. but for whatever reason my farm just doesn't want to plant trees/carrots (its also programed to do peat but i haven't made any bog earth as of yet)

i have:
built it right (the Gui wouldn't open if i didn't)
there is fertilizer (i got a nice reminder that i needed that...derp)
made a platform and placed some dirt over the platform so things could grow
its getting Water from a aquiours accumulator (or however you spell it)
i've got a pipe (coming out of the bottom) to a gold chest (which will be a ender chest later), so things got places to go
i've got things in there to plant with
i've got power coming from a redstone energy cell with some conduits in between the gearbox and the cell.

am i missing something? or should i go to the bug section and bug the "locals" over there?

ps we are using the Monster pack (Recommended version)

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Remove the dirt and place it in the farms inventory. The forestry multblock farm, in automatic mode, places & replaces growing medium automatically.

Have you made a circuit board and tubes and a soldering iron? Any slots in the farm that are not explicitly programmed using a circuit board default to 'arboretum' which will plant saplings and harvest trees.

The soldering iron GUI is somewhat confusing. Use it like this:
Right click with the soldering iron active to open its GUI.
In the GUI set it to the desired mode: Automatic Farm (it defaults to making a circuit board for electrical engine upgrades).
Populate it with tubes you have manufactured in the thermionic fabricator. They will tell you what kind of farm they will set.
With it setup, only now put a blank circuit board (made in a carpenter) in the top right slot and it will instantly be programmed with the tubes.

You can now install it in the farm. Resetting the farm (by breaking the bottom center block) destroys the circuit. Replacing it with a new circuit destroys the circuit. However, placing the soldering iron in the circuit slot recovers the curcuit (and the soldering iron).

The lower quality circuit board hold less tubes, which means more of the farm defaults to arboretum mode. So you usually always want to make the highest quality circuit board, and program all 4 slots to "managed farm".

The unmanaged farm mode still does the automatic (re)placement of growing medium and harvesting of outputs, but requires you to do the initial planting. You can't, unfortunately, have a mix of managed and unmanaged farms on a single circuit (and hence farm) as the entire circuit board is programmed in one go.

goooberlious

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks I'll remove the dirt when I get home as for boards I got one programmed for peat trees and veggies...

Thanks again.