forcechunk.dat

Mr Pédicure

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

I'm hosting a DireWolf20 1.7.10 v1.0.2 and i got 30-40 players every night.

My problem is that i can have 40 players with 40-50 ms when i delete forcedchunk.dat files from every dimension. If i don't delete them, with 30 players server is at 40-50+ms after 10-15hour running with reboot.

Do you have any idea to fix this ? Should i make a script to delete those file X times. And what's the difference between the option to make chunkloaders working when player is online from chickenchunk.cfg and commong.cfg from minefactory reloaded ?

Thanks for anwsers

seriousvern

Jul 29, 2019
That makes sense as you are basically unloading forceloaded chunks and lessening the load on the server.
The mods you refered to use their own configs for their chunk loaders

Mr Pédicure

Jul 29, 2019
Yes but actually i got some chunk that are load on the map for no reason, like that:

untitled-jpg.7387

Jeff Fisher

Jul 29, 2019
I don't want to interupt or hijack your thread but could you possibly tell me what you used to show the loaded chunks like that? Back in 1.4.7 I used the same thing but I can't seem to remember what it was and its driving me crazy. Thanks!

seriousvern

Jul 29, 2019
I don't want to interupt or hijack your thread but could you possibly tell me what you used to show the loaded chunks like that? Back in 1.4.7 I used the same thing but I can't seem to remember what it was and its driving me crazy. Thanks!
Thats from chickenchunks the command is /chunkloaders

those are whats called orphaned chunks, as i understand it, they are chunks that may have been traveled in recently and could have a mob or plant growing as to keep it loaded longer than what it should. Someone can likely explain it better than I can. In the grand scheme of things those couple chunks are irrelevent. Run that again when you have your 30 to 40 people on so we can see how many chunks you have loaded