Force MOO MOO Farm to not load

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
ok so im starting a new server and im trying arms2 again reason i removed it was dryads had massive annoying spawn rate and moo moo farm would always show it loads even though no one has ever been there

so new server up i hit stop button and what do i see after a fresh world load of 2 mins old,

2014-05-31 16:57:41 [INFO] Saving chunks for level 'world'/The Moo Moo Farm

PLease how do you stop this world from always spawning and loading when no one ever goes to it!

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
Removing dryads also bars you from a boss.
we can now adjust there spawn rates in the configs[DOUBLEPOST=1401591009][/DOUBLEPOST]
By not using AM2?
I do not think it is possible.
mods need things like this to be able to be turned off. not every one has high end hardware for there servers and every bit i can turn off to save on performance is needed

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
It says it loads it, but all that's loaded is the spawn area of the dimension. I'm not sure how much that is, but I would think at most 9 chunks. No cows spawn unless a player comes into the dimension. Nothing happens at all in the dimension unless there are manmade structures in the spawn area. Monsters don't move if a player isn't nearby. No more chunks will be loaded unless chunkloaders are placed. That's one reason why the dimension loads on world start. If a dimension isn't loaded, chunkloaders won't load chunks. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. It shouldn't be too much of a problem for you.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
mods need things like this to be able to be turned off. not every one has high end hardware for there servers and every bit i can turn off to save on performance is needed
That's true, modders ought to be mindful of this but remember modding is more of a hobby, you can't expect them to take everything in to consideration. Then again those modders that do tend to make awesome things everyone can enjoy.
That being said FTB should take this in to consideration when making a public pack. Then again I don't find the dryads are spawning as problematically as you are reporting. I am running other mods that add mobs though, maybe it interferes with them

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
That's true, modders ought to be mindful of this but remember modding is more of a hobby, you can't expect them to take everything in to consideration. Then again those modders that do tend to make awesome things everyone can enjoy.
That being said FTB should take this in to consideration when making a public pack. Then again I don't find the dryads are spawning as problematically as you are reporting. I am running other mods that add mobs though, maybe it interferes with them
Interferes? AM2 is notorious for high spawn rates and buggy configs.

imthatguyjordan

Jul 29, 2019
Someone really needs to write a mod that specifically controls which worlds are loaded by default and how many chunks. 21x21 vanilla chunkload is ridiculous tbh. If the moo moo farm and other mods that auto chunkload use up the same amount you will quickly see server ram disappear. There are configs in Mcpc+, bukkit or spigot (can't remember which one of the top of my head) that allowed you to disable default loaded worlds.

Reactions: Blue

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Someone really needs to write a mod that specifically controls which worlds are loaded by default and how many chunks. 21x21 vanilla chunkload is ridiculous tbh. If the moo moo farm and other mods that auto chunkload use up the same amount you will quickly see server ram disappear. There are configs in Mcpc+, bukkit or spigot (can't remember which one of the top of my head) that allowed you to disable default loaded worlds.
:p
You need to read. Let's read gorae's post!

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
:p
You need to read. Let's read gorae's post!
I said I didn't know how much was loaded. It is somewhere in the 20 diameter range. That's 400 chunks loaded if it uses standard spawn area stuff. We don't know if it does this in the moo moo farm or not, so I would try experimenting. See if ars magica has a noticeable impact on server resources by checking with it installed and uninstalled and compare numbers.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
It says it loads it, but all that's loaded is the spawn area of the dimension. I'm not sure how much that is, but I would think at most 9 chunks.

Check with Opis - its way more than "9 chunks". The spawn chunks are a 12x12 chunk area around server spawn - i.e. 144 chunks. Which is, even without random ticks running, quite expensive enough.