FMP Crash on Tech World 2 1.6.4

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
V

ValoR

Title FMP Crash on Tech World 2 1.6.4

Launcher Type Curse App

Modpack Tech World 2

Modpack version 1.1.6

Have you modified the pack? Yes

Link to log file https://pastebin.com/ZzBEcYmL

Details of the issue Placed a microblock in my world (think it was stone brick cover) and my game crashed. Whenever I load up my world, it crashes, sometimes instantly, sometimes it shows my HUD and then crashes. I've tried updating the FMP version, updating WAILA and many other suggestions made in different forums but I've had no result. Recreating the modpack and loading up the world in stages doesn't work either.

Mods added: Lucky Blocks, Flan's Mod, Chisel, Carpenter's Blocks, Decocraft, Deconstruction Table, ProjectRed (not the World part, as it causes crashing also to do with the FMP saw I believe), fpsplus, Morph, Nether Ores

Last edited by a moderator:
V

ValoR

I seem to have found a fix for this issue. I'm not going to be that guy who leaves it as that, so here's a solution for anyone else who wants/needs it. Note that it's not guaranteed to work first time, and it also doesn't fix the main issue, all it does is allows you to get back into the world so you can remove the block from your inventory.

Essentially, all it is is a case of installing a texture pack. I personally used Smooth Realistic by DasLisal, but I'm pretty sure most texture packs will work. Then you just need to immediately switch from the microblock to some other block in your inventory, then remove the microblock. From the extra little bit I tested with, it seemed that it froze when I had the microblock over a Mass Fabricator, but not the regular blocks on the wall. I don't know if this means that any block with an inventory causes this crash, or just the Mass Fab itself, but I definitely don't want to test it.