Problem Fluiduct crashing server? (Direwolf20)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Lemondew

Jul 29, 2019
So I was working on making a autimated tree farm using MFR, i placed down some sewers to collet sewage to make industrial fertilizer. When I went to place down a fluiduct it crashed the server, this is what I got.

http://pastebin.com/RYurNxg7

If there is anyway to delete that chunk or clear it or even roll it back. Please let me know, unless there is a better fix.

Everytime I try to log on it crashes and says "Server Closed"

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
You could try starting the server without cauldron and see if you can get on and remove the fuilducts. Another thing you can try, there should be a plugin called set block, then using the server console set the block that the crash report says to air. Also updating Cauldron might be worth a try, if there is a newer version available.
Before you try any of these, make a backup.

Lemondew

Jul 29, 2019
You could try starting the server without cauldron and see if you can get on and remove the fuilducts. Another thing you can try, there should be a plugin called set block, then using the server console set the block that the crash report says to air. Also updating Cauldron might be worth a try, if there is a newer version available.
Before you try any of these, make a backup.
I loaded the map into mcedit and deleted a 12x12x12 area that the block was in. Loads just fine now. But thanks fir the suggestions

Lemondew

Jul 29, 2019

Shybella

Jul 29, 2019
First, I'd start by trying to replicate the issue again. If you do, prevent yourself or players from causing said issue from happening.

Figuring out how it happens and exactly what causes it will extend yourself on applying the correct tactic to start preventing the crash.

Lemondew

Jul 29, 2019
First, I'd start by trying to replicate the issue again. If you do, prevent yourself or players from causing said issue from happening.

Figuring out how it happens and exactly what causes it will extend yourself on applying the correct tactic to start preventing the crash.
The crash happens the second you place down a fluiduct. No mater where you place it.

Solice2o0

Jul 29, 2019
Is this map still crashing due to this fluid duct? If so, would you be able to get me region file r.-2.3.mca? I will fix the chunk that's causing the permanent crash and give you the fixed file.

As well, from looking at your Forge version, I'd advise you update to Java 8 Update 45. While not necessary, there are some pretty good performance and security fixes and updates that Oracle has released.

Now as for a Fluiduct accepting dirt as a fluid, that's a whole other level of messed up, I'll take a look at this to see if I can find a way to fix your issue without you have to stop using Fluiducts altogether.