Fluffy fucker XD

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
So my family has a chicken farm thingy.. and this is around the time of year that the chicks hatch.. so far we have had 12 hatch from a batch of 16 (that's not uncommon) and yeah here's a video of one hatching:

and this guy is 1 day old :D
gVcW5rY.jpg

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
We used to have those when I was young too. They're completely adorable :)

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah they are freaking adorable, especially when they run behind their mother :)

Random info of the day, in Greece a duck goes "pa" not "quack" :p

Jul 29, 2019
Awww they are so cute, so cute i could almost eat them....*runs and gets knife, fork and microwave*

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
lol these aren't for eating. Mostly they're sable pout and pekins. They're for laying and selling fertilised eggs for a tidy steady profit.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
lol these aren't for eating. Mostly they're sable pout and pekins. They're for laying and selling fertilised eggs for a tidy steady profit.
So you've never kept the eggs...to eat without them fertilized? I can assume they'd taste good if they're fresh.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
So you've never kept the eggs...to eat without them fertilized? I can assume they'd taste good if they're fresh.
oh yes we have about 20 laying chickens, until you've eaten a TRUE free range egg that was hatched under an hour from when you eat it, you don't know how good egg can be! None of the chicks are layers though (afaik) we dont sell eating eggs (just give them away to friends) and so 10-20 eggs/day is plenty

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
oh yes we have about 20 laying chickens, until you've eaten a TRUE free range egg that was hatched under an hour from when you eat it, you don't know how good egg can be! None of the chicks are layers though (afaik) we dont sell eating eggs (just give them away to friends) and so 10-20 eggs/day is plenty

Hear hear. And seeing a chicken actually pooping one out is pretty fascinating. Poor animals!

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
So cute!

My parents have a couple of hens just to get eggs for themselves. My son loves going to find eggs with Grandad when we visit.

PS I notice there have been no comments on your Northern English accents ;)

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Hear hear. And seeing a chicken actually pooping one out is pretty fascinating. Poor animals!
that's something I've never actually seen, and tbh, I'm in no mood to go watch that happen :p
So cute!

My parents have a couple of hens just to get eggs for themselves. My son loves going to find eggs with Grandad when we visit.

PS I notice there have been no comments on your Northern English accents ;)
there has been now! :D

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
It was very much like my GF giving birth to our daughter. And atleast she doesn't have to do that almost every day ;)
see, I don't see those as even a little similar... one would be the birth of my son/daughter... the other would be the birth of my dinner... big difference in "specialness"

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome vid Lambert. It is neat to see. Little chick looked like it was having a dickens of a time getting out but it finally did. Please keep us updated or upload more vids when the rest hatch, Arigato