Floating and flying powersource

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

whatsfast

Jul 29, 2019
How would I go about making a build that would move to where I want. I could use frames but I want to know if theirs a better way. Thanks

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Pistons and sticky pistons, slay? That would require a very picky Redstone bug. And it would still need frames. Frames are the only reliable way. Actually, the only way.

whatsfast

Jul 29, 2019
Ok but any good designs because I want to know so I can have mobile powersource to go with me when I want to set up a quarry far away

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Put a bunch of solars on the frame machine. Don't forget power converters to change EU into MJ.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Frames need blutricity, which can only be produced by Red Power's thermopiles, solar panels and kinetic generators.

The industry standard way of providing power to frameships is to have an enderchest full of BT batteries that are automatically charged at mission control and automatically discharged into the battery boxes on the frameship.

You can also put solar panels on top of a frameship, but it won't generate much power. It is better to have the Red Power solar field on the ground.

How do you power your quarry when your ship reaches the target area? The most portable and efficient way is a liquid tesseract and powerconverters. Feed your most abundant energy source (probably EU) into a HV consumer > energy bridge > steam producer > liquid tesseract. On the other end, tesseract > steam consumer > energy bridge > MJ producer. Complicated, but lossless.

Reactions: Whovian

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Once again, it seems like you're asking how to transport energy to a different place. An energy tesseract will teleport energy wherever you like. Am I misunderstanding something here?

whatsfast

Jul 29, 2019
Ok forget the transporting energy for a second. Lets say I have a spaceship that moves with frames. Now my question is, is it possible to send the.spaceship to s certain coord.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. I guess it could know its starting coordinates and subtract to find how far in each direction it needs to go. Once you've done that, write/build a function to move it one block for each direction, and loop them however many times necessary

whatsfast

Jul 29, 2019
So computercraft with a gps. Good idea. Now to figure out collision detection. Anyway to do that? Dont want my ship to be stuck on a wall

Xipheon

Jul 29, 2019
The lazy way is to just make the front of it a tunnel bore and dig through anything in your way. You can be even fancier and use a deployer to put the blocks back once you're through.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Yea. I seem to remember some block being able to detect if something's in front of it. Turtles, maybe? They can probably detect the presence of blocks.

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, You wanna do it the Etho way
(aka - The Hard&Annoying way with a lot of problems)

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, my reccomendation for mobile mining ship:

Power. As has been stated, you could use a centralised power system, transmitting the charged cells/batteries across. Or anything that runs on a frame ship (nukes, geos, fuel systems, anything of that kind).

Navigation. Really, you're not going to do this precisely without computers, and CC has the GPS system inbuilt (you can set up an auto-deployer to set up the GPS when it needs to).

Collisions. With something that unwieldy, you really need to move through, rather than over. You could set up a turtle to clear the way, or block breakers. I do remember a previous version of MFFS had an attachment to clear blocks that would be taken by fields. This, toggled every cycle would do the job.