Mod Feedback Flaxbeard's Steam Power suggestion thread

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
I suppose you could have something which would be a transparent tube with steam flowing through it, which had glowstone dust in it for lighting. Could be kinda neat.

I like this a lot also. Always wanted overhead fluorescent light like lighting.

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
Could you make the lighting go a few blocks away from the lighting element so if it's 9 blocks high on the ceiling, for example, it would light up as if it was 5 blocks high? Some sort of a compromise between wanting to light a large room and the problems of a floodlight

Reactions: Sawney

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
Steam powered piston like the TiC drawbridges but these need steam to work.
Steam powered elevator that needs steam to work.
Steam vent the burns players and zombies when activated.

Edit: Steam collector to collect some of the steam released from the steam vent.

dibujaron

Jul 29, 2019
I registered on this forum for the express purpose of posting on this thread.

My suggestion is to provide compatibility with Archimedes Ships Mod. Airships are an absolute requirement of steampunk. Flaxbeard provides the steampunk, and Archimedes provides the airships! The first step in doing a compatibility like this would be to provide an AS .mrot file for FSP so that FSP components rotate properly when put onto an AS ship. That way, FSP boilers and such could be put onto the ship. This first step would be incredibly helpful to the airship builders among us and wouldn't take you more than 10 minutes to do- mrot files are quite simple if you know what data values the blocks are using. Please check them out and post a download for it so that we can enjoy FSP's awesome tech aboard our sky palaces!

Also, If you are feeling exceptionally ambitious, making powered FSP fans work as AS Steam Engines would be 100% awesome, but that would probably be hard.

One final thing: I'm sure you've heard this before, but an FSP minecart steam locomotive would be awesome. 1.7.10 is sadly lacking in steam locomotives of any type. The only one that is updated is Railcraft's sad little minivan-shaped thing. A decent steam locomotive model with FSP-themed steam components would be amazing. Save the train lovers! :)

Reactions: SatanicSanta

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I registered on this forum for the express purpose of posting on this thread.
<3
My suggestion is to provide compatibility with Archimedes Ships Mod. Airships are an absolute requirement of steampunk. Flaxbeard provides the steampunk, and Archimedes provides the airships! The first step in doing a compatibility like this would be to provide an AS .mrot file for FSP so that FSP components rotate properly when put onto an AS ship. That way, FSP boilers and such could be put onto the ship. This first step would be incredibly helpful to the airship builders among us and wouldn't take you more than 10 minutes to do- mrot files are quite simple if you know what data values the blocks are using. Please check them out and post a download for it so that we can enjoy FSP's awesome tech aboard our sky palaces!

Also, If you are feeling exceptionally ambitious, making powered FSP fans work as AS Steam Engines would be 100% awesome, but that would probably be hard.
I will look into this.

One final thing: I'm sure you've heard this before, but an FSP minecart steam locomotive would be awesome. 1.7.10 is sadly lacking in steam locomotives of any type. The only one that is updated is Railcraft's sad little minivan-shaped thing. A decent steam locomotive model with FSP-themed steam components would be amazing. Save the train lovers! :)
I actually haven't heard that, I think. Maybe...

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
According to the traincraft blog the maintainer was left sort of high and dry. Maybe reach out for some integration?

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
Has that updated to 1.7.10!? :eek:

Not when I looked yesterday. Seemed like he was having a rough go of it alone. I'm not suggesting you take over that one too or anything. Just an (bad) idea I had I guess. The mods just seem like a good fit.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Not when I looked yesterday. Seemed like he was having a rough go of it alone. I'm not suggesting you take over that one too or anything. Just an (bad) idea I had I guess. The mods just seem like a good fit.
Well I can't add integration to a 1.7.10 for a 1.6.4 mod :/

dibujaron

Jul 29, 2019
I will look into this.

Woohoo! That would be awesome. I know enough of programming that I actually just went and spent time digging through FSP's github to find the block rotation metadata values and I succeeded in making a .mrot that works for most of FSP. If anyone wants it, it's here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103648791/flaxbeard.mrot

Unfortunately, FSP's machinery doesn't seem to update properly when moved with an airship. In an experimental setup with a creative steam tank and a fan attached by a pipe, the fan would not resume blowing after the ship was moved. It would blow properly if broken and replaced. It would make my day if you could make them update like that.

I actually haven't heard that, I think. Maybe...

This would also make my day and probably my week. I'm not even really looking for traincraft compatibility, I just want a nice looking locomotive to pull railcraft minecart trains. Railcraft is awesome in a lot of ways, but pro modelers they are not. FSP, on the other hand, has rather beautiful models.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

nerdyguy13

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone suggested an upgrade to the item mortar to launch player's? or would that not fit with the overall theme of the mod?

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
A bit late to the party, but this mod is amazing! So, a random idea: Putting lava in boilers to make smoke. Smoke can then be turned into Coal with a new "Smoke Compressor" that generates Coal from Steam and Smoke. Maybe, as an extension of the previous idea, have "Smoked" versions of meats that nourish you as more than Steamed meats. And speaking of which, no Steamed Salmon? That kinda seems like an oversight. Steamed/smoked potatoes sound kinda cool as well.

Last idea is more love for Gilded Iron. Give it an exosuit plate! Maybe have it provide protection against negative potion effects? (meaning they will be 1 level lower, or negated if at level 1)

Last edited:

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Also, have you considered Aura Cascade support? Arcane Colored exosuit plates, for instance?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I agree that we should have a gilded plate. I think the lava boiler idea is overly complicated for the mod.