Flans Mods...

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
I know I am always full of silly questions but these forums are always full of great people and you're all always so kind I just love being on here :D

Just curious about Flans Mods in 1.7, how well they are working in vanilla, SMP and lastly with any FTB packs, has anyone tried this yet, especially on a server ? I'm starting to build a new 1.7 pack, my first 1.7, and I am hesitant to leave 1.6, but this is an opportunity to try new mods, and Flan's is one we're excited about. Any info about addons for it and whether or not they're working would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks guys ! As always I am very appreciative of all responses...

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I find Flan's mods very buggy, I have seen times where it crashes games, prevents players from entering certain areas due to lag and then there's the "My weapon won't reload" problem, I wouldn't recommend it personally.
Though I do find that it is a great mod.

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
I find Flan's mods very buggy, I have seen times where it crashes games, prevents players from entering certain areas due to lag and then there's the "My weapon won't reload" problem, I wouldn't recommend it personally.
Ahhh...Yes. I found it very buggy before as well. It was quire a few versions ago though so I was hoping it would be better now. But wow ! Is it an awesome mod if it works right ! lol

Reactions: RealSketch

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I was planning on using flans mod 1.6.4 to spice up my builds with vehicles but after testing it out for a while I changed my mind. For one the vehicles are impossible to control and when they get stuck on blocks or fall off ledges they start bugging out. I tried flying one of the planes but I couldnt control it. Once it got into the air so it just kept flying forward...too fast for me break it and would have gone on forever.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
I know I am always full of silly questions but these forums are always full of great people and you're all always so kind I just love being on here :D

Just curious about Flans Mods in 1.7, how well they are working in vanilla, SMP and lastly with any FTB packs, has anyone tried this yet, especially on a server ? I'm starting to build a new 1.7 pack, my first 1.7, and I am hesitant to leave 1.6, but this is an opportunity to try new mods, and Flan's is one we're excited about. Any info about addons for it and whether or not they're working would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks guys ! As always I am very appreciative of all responses...
I honestly love Flans mods but I have incorporated them into my GT Survival so the parts of the vehicles are extremely expensive and you have to be far down the GT tech line to use them.

I got into using them when I made my survival world for my friends and myself and my friends wanted Flans. I decided to add it and my friends would be flying around in them so one day I decided to use them. Well I tried them out and loved them but felt like the were to cheaty, and I nerfed the hell out of them. Since then I have been hooked on Flans and all of it's addons.[DOUBLEPOST=1404652503][/DOUBLEPOST]About the Flan's Lag. This is very rare for me as I have loaded all the chunks in some insane radius around the spawn on my server and I have some isnane amount of RAM, (thanks to a friend who owns a very successful tech store). The reloading thing doesn't really happen that much and I have this one mod that fixes it.

Bossdogy1

Jul 1, 2022
same here, had to reinstall the mod 3 times to get most of the guns working (modern weapons pack) and the vehicles were unusable (invisible, crashed my game etc). i would really like a gun mod in minecraft tho, what would you recomend? (was using 1.12.2 when i tried the mod)
Just realized this forum is 8 years old lul