[fixed] trying to get Farm going. (SoulShards&ComputerCraft)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

CaelThunderwing

Jul 29, 2019
i replicated a similar build a friend had on another server he even gave me his script

attackscript.png

my melee tutles wont attack though (standard water pushing mobs onto pressureplate to make em attack while pushing loot thru pneumatic tube sinto barrels.)

20130428065653.png

20130428065713.png

(i made the last 2 turtles allready this was just a placeholder.)

it's a Teir5 Pig soul Shard. the Modpack is Ultimate :/

i know it's not Pretty but Once the turtles start attackng itr'll be Functional. once its Fully working then i'll "Pretty" it up.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
All looks functional from here in terms of code and build, but have you told the turtles to run the script?

Although it doesn't really matter for such a small bit of code, if you're planning on getting into longer scripts it's worth understanding that the use of the variable 'x' is redundant here. You could just put if redstone.getInput("front") then, rather then assigning whether "redstone.getInput("front")" is true or not to "x" and then proceeding to check whether "x" is true or not so the if/then statement can check whether your condition is true or not...

Dare2Win

Jul 29, 2019
First thing I noticed, turtles cannot drop items into Tubes, put relays under them to do that

CaelThunderwing

Jul 29, 2019
Just woke up as i went to bed not long after posting .

Now yes i did tell em to run and i was planning on using a retriever but looking to see if transposers would be simpler.

its worth to note the server its on, is an MCPC+ Server we have WorldGuard , WorldEdit Commandbook+Essentials but nothing set for giving permissions in certain areas, (unless the configs for PermsEX i gave the Server owner need to be Adjusted for ComputerCraft (which makes a point i need to see if even Mining turtles can work if so then i probbly need to have her Promote the FakeUser CC uses to Member. (though i thought i left Default able to Modify world/attack Mobs :/)

Edit: ok i've Narrowed it down to PermissionsEX issue. i replicated the server (i was the one who gave the Server owner configs for PermsEX etc.) whiel it ran wouldnt attack a player wouldnt attack a pig.

Removed PermsEX, PFFT. it starts attacking pigs.

and found a fix. in test server i had to promote the Fake player and Op it.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Does the console output on the turtle say anything? If not, stick a line directly under your if/then statement, something like print("redstone detected!"), and another under your for statement, something like print("trying to attack!"). Should spam lines whenever a mob (or you) are on the pressure plates (in which case, they ARE running the attack line but failing for some reason), if not, something's up with the redstone detection (in which case you should experiment with redstone torches and so on).

One thing I'm a little curious about is the colour of the swords. Is that ruby? Thought they could only use diamond.

CaelThunderwing

Jul 29, 2019
Does the console output on the turtle say anything? If not, stick a line directly under your if/then statement, something like print("redstone detected!"), and another under your for statement, something like print("trying to attack!"). Should spam lines whenever a mob (or you) are on the pressure plates (in which case, they ARE running the attack line but failing for some reason), if not, something's up with the redstone detection (in which case you should experiment with redstone torches and so on).

One thing I'm a little curious about is the colour of the swords. Is that ruby? Thought they could only use diamond.

they can use the Gem Tools yea. (and yes it's Ruby)the Console of teh turtle doesnt show anything nor did it on the server console in the test enviroment seems like this is a rather old Bug, about a year atleast old issue.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
In that case, add yet more print statements until it's clear what's going on: Is the turtle looping through the while block, or sticking? If getting stuck, where? Does it make a difference if the script starts while something's on the pressure plate?

CaelThunderwing

Jul 29, 2019
In that case, add yet more print statements until it's clear what's going on: Is the turtle looping through the while block, or sticking? If getting stuck, where? Does it make a difference if the script starts while something's on the pressure plate?

here: http://www.twitch.tv/caelthunderwing/c/2219943 i left Debug lines at the line to Define Redstone detection. then before turtle.attack then before turtle.suck its not hanging or it wouldnt loop. dont know teh exact issue in perms EX it is but Oping the fake User [ComputerCraft] fixed it.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds a bit dangerous. To the best of my understanding, that means anyone on your server can plop down a turtle, tell it to dig, and it'll be able to go right through protected areas - yes?

What I suspect is that you've got some sort of faction mod messing things up which requires additional configuration (something like Towny maybe). It should be possible to configure things so's the turtle can strike without giving other players on the server such a big loophole.

CaelThunderwing

Jul 29, 2019
atm all thats on said server is WorldEdit/commandbook/essentials/AutoSave there isnt griefer protection as its a close knit friends only server.

CaelThunderwing

Jul 29, 2019
(small bump) it's online and working now in a matter of 5 mins it went from one Barrel @ 18 to 36x64 +45

im using transposers to pull from the turtles. theres a total of 6 in use. i know i should get into thaum and use brain in a jar to store the exp. ( we dont have liquid exp installed yet.)

but i want to try now and optimize it. make it better. and go a step further and add auto Cooking. or a means to Cook from the system

is there a means to request from barel stock pipe into a system that'd feed into a Powered furnace /Induction furnace that would cook a Stack easily enough? everne on server has powered armor (w/ auto feeder) so it doesnt matter but i want to take this a step further pretty it up and Make it better. (being my next goal after finally building a house XD i've been camping it out in teh open XD.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
My solution (and indeed, only foray into ComputerCraft thus far other then running the "excavate" command) was to have a turtle wander around my barrels, sucking out resources, taking them to the appropriate machine for processing, then dropping the results back into a chest that sends them back into my sorting system. The actual sorting system relies on BuildCraft pipes with autarchic gates, which while expensive in terms of diamonds (one per eight barrels), means I don't have to worry about pre-seeding (which is important when you consider the turtle frequently empties the barrels out). Flip side is I know little about other piping methods.

What I suspect is that you'd be best off with a line of furnaces with a pipe running along the top, finally going to a void pipe or something in case they can't keep up for whatever reason. Simply feed them with the stock the turtles pull in before piping the results off to barrels. Don't bother putting the raw meat into barrels at all.