[FIXED] Shaders 1.7.10 FTB Packs

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Tallboy

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Can't add shaders or game crashes at start up
Launcher Version:
v1.4.11
Modpack:
Direwolf20 or FTB Infinity Evolved
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
It appears that if I add any mod not included in the modpacks, the game will crash during start up. I'm trying to add shaders (and optifine if possible). My computer specs are plenty good so I know thats not the issue, its acting similar to out of RAM crash but Im giving it 12gigs, which should be overkill.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
While looking at the crashlog I've found this:
Mantle Environment: DO NOT REPORT THIS CRASH! Unsupported mods in environment: optifine
and this:
EnderIO: Found the following problem(s) with your installation:
* Optifine is installed. This is NOT supported.
This may have caused the error. Try reproducing the crash WITHOUT this/these mod(s) before reporting it.
Now, the big question comes, if your computer's specs are "plenty good", why do you need optifine?

Tallboy

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if , nor do I expect to need optifine, but the same thing happens when I put shaders in alone, and some of the shaders suggested(or said required optifine). That said, I've tried multiple mod packs and they all do the same thing. They run fine as is , but if I try to add shaders or optifine, explosions....

And by plenty good I mean i7-6700k , 32gigs of 3100 ddr4, and a gtx980. With 64bit java(obviously) v1.8.0_71
That said without shaders, on best possible settings and running a 256xTexture pack I sit around 100fps, so I would imagine optifine necessary to retain that with shaders enabled.

So I guess my question is , has anyone got a way to get shaders working with preferably latest version of Direwolf20 or Infinity Evolved ??

Last edited:

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if , nor do I expect to need optifine, but the same thing happens when I put shaders in alone, and some of the shaders suggested(or said required optifine). That said, I've tried multiple mod packs and they all do the same thing. They run fine as is , but if I try to add shaders or optifine, explosions....

And by plenty good I mean i7-6700k , 32gigs of 3100 ddr4, and a gtx980. With 64bit java(obviously) v1.8.0_71
That said without shaders, on best possible settings and running a 256xTexture pack I sit around 100fps, so I would imagine optifine necessary to retain that with shaders enabled.

So I guess my question is , has anyone got a way to get shaders working with preferably latest version of Direwolf20 or Infinity Evolved ??
I have a video on my youtube that explains how to get shaderes to work with FTB. It worked for direwolf20 you have to have shaders mod core and stuff because its still 1.7.10
Here is a video I made on how to get them to work
also ignore how it blurs a bit. I had the ASUS ultra motion blur shader, and when running a server, client , and recording 1080P it tends to lag a bit lol. But as soon as I stop recording I get a solid 30 fps :) Good luck man just certain mod packs just do not work with them.
Also like I said when I load into the world it lags bad at first like in the video, but if I am not recording it will lag for like 20 seconds then poof everything is normal :)

Tallboy

Jul 29, 2019
I have a video on my youtube that explains how to get shaderes to work with FTB. It worked for direwolf20 you have to have shaders mod core and stuff because its still 1.7.10
also ignore how it blurs a bit. I had the ASUS ultra motion blur shader, and when running a server, client , and recording 1080P it tends to lag a bit lol. But as soon as I stop recording I get a solid 30 fps :) Good luck man just certain mod packs just do not work with them.
Also like I said when I load into the world it lags bad at first like in the video, but if I am not recording it will lag for like 20 seconds then poof everything is normal :)

Omg , you sir...are a god among men! Hitting around 50-80 fps with the shaders on and 128x Sphax ! People need to see your video...

Edit: This worked just fine on Infinity Evolved too!!

Last edited:

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Omg , you sir...are a god among men! Hitting around 50-80 fps with the shaders on and 128x Sphax ! People need to see your video...

Edit: This worked just fine on Infinity Evolved too!!
Super cool man! I am glade I could help :) If you could share my video to your friends that would be amazing :)

kitharo

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there,
I installed it like the video describes. But after that the menu is very laggy and I cant select my existing world in the menu. What I have done wrong?

John Freeman

Jul 29, 2019
The video is set to private...

Why can't anyone ever describe how to do these things in text instead of a video that goes missing?

Reactions: ddlJunky