First ME Encoded Patterns

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I normally create patterns, me buses and cable, gears, then engines. TE and ic2 patterns come next. I use GT, so the ic2 patterns start to get a bit involved.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I make a MAC that's at least 10x10 with 5 pattern providers. I proceed to add recipes for all wooden things, all stone things, all iron things, etc. Some things like gears get special treatment and get done before the other patterns because I need them more.

You never know when you'll need a stack of boats and a few bowls. Or a bunch of wooden shovels.
That's insanity! You wait until you have enough mats for that big a MAC before you build one? How much quartz and gold is that? I've never even filled a 4x5x4 MAC.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
That's insanity! You wait until you have enough mats for that big a MAC before you build one? How much quartz and gold is that? I've never even filled a 4x5x4 MAC.

Mine's bigger than that... I way overshot, heh.

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, my first encoded patterns generally happen long before my MAC does.

Echoing Henry Link, I hadn't thought of that either; it opens a substantial amount of automation (ore processing comes to mind first) earlier. Aren't there other mods that allow for autocrafting? Perhaps the MAC could be skipped without any loss of capability to request full crafting chains (maybe more effort than it's worth).

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Echoing Henry Link, I hadn't thought of that either; it opens a substantial amount of automation (ore processing comes to mind first) earlier. Aren't there other mods that allow for autocrafting? Perhaps the MAC could be skipped without any loss of capability to request full crafting chains (maybe more effort than it's worth).
I believe LogisticsPipes has a full autocrafting system but it's far more complex.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Millions of times more flexible? Wow, I didn't know I could do so little with my AE setup until now :D