First 1.7 vanilla MC snapshot - new biomes generation

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

dtech100

Jul 29, 2019
Today Mojang added first snapshot for 1.7 version.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/881-13w36a-snapshot-ready-for-testing/page__st__0/

New biomes, new flowers, 2 sugar canes colors, new enchantments on fishing rods, new fishes, melons spawns like pumpkins in groups, new spawn of terrain inder lakes and ocean - more realistic.

From pictures of users new biomes look very good and interesting - like combining Extra Biomes, BoP and Natural Biomes 2.

For the start of new things in 1.7 this release looking very promising.

And now let's think that when 1.7 will be fully released i think then 1.6.2 FTB packs will be avaible for us :)

PS
I will go and check this snapshot - damn no BC, IC2 and iron chests - strictly vanilla stuff.

PS2
Don't start flame war.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
*Yesterday*

The bad thing about the snapshot is that they changed 5 thousand ( or 5 hundred, I don't recall wich one)lines of code...

Tdb360

Jul 29, 2019
The terrain is amazing tho, I can't wait to build in it, even if I have to play it in vanilla

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
The terrain is amazing tho, I can't wait to build in it, even if I have to play it in vanilla

The only think I found interesting was that:

1MapMaking tools. Because they are needed

2That super awesome new type of terrain generation.

I htink the rest is just a bit...depressing...(OH MY GOD FISHING TOOLS HAVE ENCHANTMENTS I AM SO EXCITED!!!)

BuzzSa

Jul 29, 2019
Why would the mod packs be f*? do you think they only changed 2 lines of code between 1.4.7 to 1.5.2 and 1.6? Remember Mojang supports the modding communityand give preleases to the forge team to get there mod updated and therefor the modders can then update there packs. So saying mods are screwed just because a large amount of lines of code has changes is not correct.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Why would the mod packs be f*? do you think they only changed 2 lines of code between 1.4.7 to 1.5.2 and 1.6? Remember Mojang supports the modding communityand give preleases to the forge team to get there mod updated and therefor the modders can then update there packs. So saying mods are screwed just because a large amount of lines of code has changes is not correct.

I am saying 5 Hundred(Or thousand, still didn't check) of CORE CODE CHANGED. This means that forge is going to have a bad time, and modders...well...

BuzzSa

Jul 29, 2019
dgdas9 my comment was more aimed at the_j485 I should have replyed on his post to make it more clear. But as I stated Mojang supports the community and gives Forge a prelease long before they release the RTM versions so forge has time to update and get things working again. So I don't think there will be any more waiting to move to 1.7 then there was moving to 1.6.

Tdb360

Jul 29, 2019
Private Packs maybe, but the regular ftb modpacks are still in 1.5, forgecraft1 is on 1.5 and forgecraft2 is 1.6, soo it will be awhile before we see any 1.7 or 1.6 ftb modpacks

Reactions: dgdas9

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
60,000 lines of core code changed for one feature alone that's not even in the changelog, according to twitter. Not counting the others that are in the changelog.

That feature? Fixed item IDs no longer exist, you now have a dynamically generated IDs. Should technically mean that ID conflicts are going the way of the dodo.

BuzzSa

Jul 29, 2019
Yup i agree my point was not that it will be quick. I was only trying to say that it will not be longer or shorter as we currently seeing based on amount of lines of code that change. It could even turn out that the new changes makes it easier for modders.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
60,000 lines of core code changed for one feature alone that's not even in the changelog, according to twitter. Not counting the others that are in the changelog.

That feature? Fixed item IDs no longer exist, you now have a dynamically generated IDs. Should technically mean that ID conflicts are going the way of the dodo.

Cool

Reactions: Tdb360

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019

Uuuh, it is correct.
j485 never said that there wasnt changes in other updates.
All those lines of code changed is a big thing and will break mods, you cant deny it.
It could take a VERY long time for some mods, little time for others.
I would guess this this will be harder for some mods to update than other updates.

These changes could make it easier for modders, but to say it simply, modders may have to change their code alot just to fix it.

/EndReply

Anyways, the snapshot just feels dull, the new biomes arent that good and the only cool thing is fishing :/

BuzzSa

Jul 29, 2019
Uuuh, it is correct.
j485 never said that there wasnt changes in other updates.
All those lines of code changed is a big thing and will break mods, you cant deny it.
It could take a VERY long time for some mods, little time for others.
I would guess this this will be harder for some mods to update than other updates.

These changes could make it easier for modders, but to say it simply, modders may have to change their code alot just to fix it.

/EndReply

Anyways, the snapshot just feels dull, the new biomes arent that good and the only cool thing is fishing :/

I never said it's simple I'm a coder and knows whats involved. But saying that mods are f* just because large amount of lines of code changes is not correct.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
I never said it's simple I'm a coder and knows whats involved. But saying that mods are f* just because large amount of lines of code changes is not correct.

It was more of a figure of speech, mods will have big problems because of the changes and thats what he way saying.
You jumped onto it as if he was saying it 100%

Tdb360

Jul 29, 2019
I agree fishing is now (slightly) better, although I love extreme hills and spruce wood, so the HUGE mountains and 2x2 spruce trees are amazing to my build style and to think, vanilla is putting some fudge on it is amazing o3o

BuzzSa

Jul 29, 2019
It was more of a figure of speech, mods will have big problems because of the changes and thats what he way saying.
You jumped onto it as if he was saying it 100%

Ok well I don't cuss so in my reference if someone uses the "F" word it means 100%

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019

I was despairing that nobody was going to mention this and I would have to go make a thread about it, because for modding this is huge news. This is good news and bad news, of course. I'll let people think long and hard on why. =)

Reactions: PierceSG and dgdas9