Finding a Mining Laser?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

kallekulle

Jul 29, 2019
Hello y'all. Got a player claiming he have found a Mining Laser in the MindCrack pack, in a dungeon. Now, I dont know if it was an actual dungeon, or a thaumcraft dungeon, or one of those thaumcraft platforms. In any case, is this possible? I'd like to know if it is or not.

kallekulle

Jul 29, 2019
Really? I haven't found about 20 or anything. Not wanting to be a douche, but I asked about a mining laser, not a portal gun.

masshuu

Jul 29, 2019
I can say I have found some really strange things in chests. Never personally found a mining laser but I would not be surprised.

kallekulle

Jul 29, 2019
These answers aren't helping, this guy needs to know for sure.
Thank you.

Yes, I've found odd items as well, but nothing has ever beaten a portal gun, so I highly doubt it. I've looted about 200-250 dungeon chests (that includes for thaumcraft as well, and villagers chests) in the mindcrack pack.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Well there's a dungeon loot option in the ic2 config, so I'd day it's legit.

grindle2000

Jul 29, 2019
Really? I haven't found about 20 or anything. Not wanting to be a douche, but I asked about a mining laser, not a portal gun.

Any time you have to say "Not wanting to be a douche" you can just assume that you are being one, common courtesy is never a bad thing.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure it's not possible. There was someone on here a while back saying that a player found a quarry in a dungeon, and I don't think BC even adds dungeon loot. I think it's just the go-to response to cover for a cheaty admin/mod :p

Reactions: Confidential1207

Confidential1207

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure it's not possible. There was someone on here a while back saying that a player found a quarry in a dungeon, and I don't think BC even adds dungeon loot. I think it's just the go-to response to cover for a cheaty admin/mod :p
I agree

kallekulle

Jul 29, 2019
I was the one asking that question as well.
And yeah grindle, meanwhile that is true, I'm like that by nature. Anyone pointing out the obvious is most likely going to get a response like that from me.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
I was the one asking that question as well.
And yeah grindle, meanwhile that is true, I'm like that by nature. Anyone pointing out the obvious is most likely going to get a response like that from me.
Then I'd say you've got a liar liar pants on fire on your hands.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
It's odd seeing someone from your past :O
Kalle, I doubt you remember me, we used to play Tekkit together back before the whole messed-up thing.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
cant, I'm not an owner nor mod. In any case, no contributions are made. lock thread?
So if you don't get an answer within a day, you want to prevent anyone from being able to answer it in future? If you've lost interest in ever getting an aswer, just unsubscribe the email notifications (click More Options). That way someone can still answer it for the benefit of anyone else interested in an answer.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Can't you still get the seed from the debug screen?(F3 I think)
Anyway, depending on what mod pack you're using, I might say it's plausible. GregTech does some crazy stuff sometimes.