Finally...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Kinda sounds like Flatland survival. I got to the nether on that (that's all you can really do, no end). You can trade wheat for emeralds in many cases, which makes it really easy because I just steal their wheat and trade it. Took me about 5 villages to get to the nether.

Yeah, I've done some flatland survival. It is a good deal easier, I found, than no 3x3 crafting.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
You guys should try better than wolves.

It's got a plenty of nice things going for it, but what'll make you come back are the hardcore modes.
  • Hardcore spawn - when you die, you respawn in a random location 3k around spawn, unless you spam kill yourself, then you're rooted to the same spot
  • Harcore beds - can't sleep in 'em
  • Hardcore bucket - can't place water source blocks
  • Hardcore movement - grass, tall grass, sand, snow slows you down - a lot
There's others, of course, but those are the highlights. You'd enjoy it, I think.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
You guys should try better than wolves.

It's got a plenty of nice things going for it, but what'll make you come back are the hardcore modes.
  • Hardcore spawn - when you die, you respawn in a random location 3k around spawn, unless you spam kill yourself, then you're rooted to the same spot
  • Harcore beds - can't sleep in 'em
  • Hardcore bucket - can't place water source blocks
  • Hardcore movement - grass, tall grass, sand, snow slows you down - a lot
There's others, of course, but those are the highlights. You'd enjoy it, I think.

So to easily fix this:
  • Don't die, live at 0,0
  • Can't do much about this
  • Live on a lake and build your house around the 2x2 infi-water source
  • Have an underground treefarm
*wipes hands* I think we're done here!
What is hard are all the configs that can be added (but aren't) to FTB, and these alternatives aren't including GregTech. Things like Enderchests can have 3x3 spaces, Nuclear Reactors output steam (whut), and all other types of hullabaloo that make the game unreasonably hard for my taste. Greg does add max stack sizes of 16, which I can see being gotten used to if you started like that in vanilla, but now very hard.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Too bad it doesn't have each of those as a separate mod, so you could add them to FTB, or whatever other pack you want. I'll have to give Better Than Wolves a shot, though, it seems.
Yeah, avoid the comunity, they're nice, and smart, but very bitter and very defensive.

I could take you trough the basics next weekend if you feel like it :).

So to easily fix this:
  • Don't die, live at 0,0
  • Can't do much about this
  • Live on a lake and build your house around the 2x2 infi-water source
  • Have an underground treefarm
*wipes hands* I think we're done here!

What is hard are all the configs that can be added (but aren't) to FTB, and these alternatives aren't including GregTech. Things like Enderchests can have 3x3 spaces, Nuclear Reactors output steam (whut), and all other types of hullabaloo that make the game unreasonably hard for my taste. Greg does add max stack sizes of 16, which I can see being gotten used to if you started like that in vanilla, but now very hard.
:D you have no idea.
Try it yourself! It's fun, you'll re-live the fear of your early minecraft days! You'll be shittin' your breeches when you see a creeper, trust me.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, avoid the comunity, they're nice, and smart, but very bitter and very defensive.

But what about my new 36HP boiler‽

Oh gods, that reminds me, I just forgot about my storage age quarry. Oh no, I'm going to have SO MANY logs overflowing my chest. Arg!

I'm going to have to make time to take time off from FTB so I can play games, it seems. "Second Job" it is, indeed.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
But what about my new 36HP boiler‽

Oh gods, that reminds me, I just forgot about my storage age quarry. Oh no, I'm going to have SO MANY logs overflowing my chest. Arg!

I'm going to have to make time to take time off from FTB so I can play games, it seems. "Second Job" it is, indeed.
God damn boilers, you know what? The four farms actaully AREN'T enough to run those two still rooms! And I wanted another solid boiler as well! Not enogh wood for that either!

Swapped the carts for ones with fertilizer. It's so-so now.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
God damn boilers, you know what? The four farms actaully AREN'T enough to run those two still rooms! And I wanted another solid boiler as well! Not enogh wood for that either!

Swapped the carts for ones with fertilizer. It's so-so now.

We both have a problem. I think we should start up a Boiler Anonymous club, or something.

Hello, my name is Gustave, and I am a boilerdict.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
You know, I had added wrath lamps to my treefarm room... My boiler was fully heated *goes down to 150 degrees* *is chunkloaded*

I have ...two interdimentional barrel storage...things filled with saplings. Time to start that biofuel production, ughegege I don't want to, I heard there's a problem with SC farms and apples not being enough for mulch or something-and-other...[DOUBLEPOST=1361749767][/DOUBLEPOST]

:D you have no idea.
Try it yourself! It's fun, you'll re-live the fear of your early minecraft days! You'll be shittin' your breeches when you see a creeper, trust me.

What if there was a hard mode that made mobs spawn at higher light levels? That would be crazy annoying, I'd inch my base with wrath lamps!