Finally...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it isn't a problem for me as I just feed it scrap boxes from my quarries. I get around three stacks a day (I'm making hybrid panels exclusively with it) so that isn't too bad at all.

In my next world, I will likely set it to require 1,000,000,000eu per scrap (so 166,666,666eu amplified). As well as set some other hard mode stuff which the MindCrack pack doesn't have set.

haha, if you want to make your game harder, just don't use any lava, solar, watermill, windmill, (bio)fuel->combustion engine-> magma crucible(the converter). 16m/uum is perfectly fine, since the source of energy is the real problem.. and I really recommend enabling all TE hard recipe (especially the steel requirement for machine frame).

Anyway, Iridium is now pretty easy to get, 1 ferrous ore = 1 platinum dust, 36 ferrous ore+other materials = 1 iridium plate.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
haha, if you want to make your game harder, just don't use any lava, solar, watermill, windmill, (bio)fuel->combustion engine-> magma crucible(the converter). 16m/uum is perfectly fine, since the source of energy is the real problem.. and I really recommend enabling all TE hard recipe (especially the steel requirement for machine frame).

Anyway, Iridium is now pretty easy to get, 1 ferrous ore = 1 platinum dust, 36 ferrous ore+other materials = 1 iridium plate.

Mm, BC oil is extremely energy dense, so maybe disable that in generation (as well as oil sands), as well?

I could also try playing on tiny rendering distance with a commandblock constantly tossing potions of blindness on me, too. Muahah!

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Well, IMO the difference is that fuel still a bit harder to collect than nether lava although if you really want you can probably produce some UUM from it, nether lava is now very easy to gather esp. with the new GT advanced pump and liquid tesseract)...

GT/IC2 thorium nuclear reactor is also easier now since Greg decreased the material needed to make dual and quad thorium from copper plate to copper ingot, not to mention monazit and coal ore for thorium.

and tiny rendering won't change anything, you can still see endermen from far away lol..

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Well, IMO the difference is that fuel still a bit harder to collect than nether lava although if you really want you can probably produce some UUM from it, nether lava is now very easy to gather esp. with the new GT advanced pump and liquid tesseract)...

GT/IC2 thorium nuclear reactor is also easier now since Greg decreased the material needed to make dual and quad thorium from copper plate to copper ingot, not to mention monazit and coal ore for thorium.

and tiny rendering won't change anything, you can still see endermen from far away lol..

Tiny rendering AND blindness constantly. Don't forget the blindness, hah. If you've ever been to an unstable age with blindness, you'd understand what I meant. Oh man, would you ever, hah hah.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
and don't put any torches around your base and only make uum from coal coke and GT generators (except diesel gen and thermal) :D

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
add another thing, make uum only from coal coke and GT generators (except diesel gen and thermal) lol.

How about only finding UU matter in chests? I've had that happen once. That'd be difficult, eh?

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
That's impossible.. you might as well change the eu/uum to the maximum number 2 billion something.

EDIT: in that case also disable platinum-> iridium recipe, iridium ore and disable the end

to be honest I've never found any uum in chest..maybe because I don't quarry much.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
That's impossible.. you might as well change the eu/uum to the maximum number 2 billion something.

EDIT: in that case also disable platinum-> iridium recipe, iridium ore and disable the end.

And then throw in the blindness, and maybe mining fatigue, and we've got ultra hardcore mode ready!

Incidentally, have you ever tried playing without making/using the 3x3 crafting grid?

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
And then throw in the blindness, and maybe mining fatigue, and we've got ultra hardcore mode ready!

Incidentally, have you ever tried playing without making/using the 3x3 crafting grid?

That's equal to vanilla, I don't like vanilla. The thing that makes you frustrated is when a creeper blows up next to your precious GT machines. (which was the thing that happened to me lately because I didn't put torches around the base)

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
That's equal to vanilla, I don't like vanilla. The thing that makes you frustrated is when a creeper blows up next to your precious GT machines. (which was the thing that happened to me lately because I didn't put torches around the base)

You should get a client side mod that tells you the light level on blocks. I suggest Light Level Overlay (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1399304-light-level-overlay/).

Besides that, vanilla is pretty much easy mode, at least after you play through enough worlds to know how to do things optimally. Mods add new interesting content which make things loads more fun because of that, and extending the endgame greatly.

lolpierandom

Jul 29, 2019

That seems stupid as hell, that's basically wooden house + dirt and that's it.

lolpierandom

Jul 29, 2019
You can make it to the end, actually. I'll give you two hints to start you off: Villages become VITAL, and creepers make for good miners.

Why would you need to mine? What could you possibly do with stone/other metals / diamonds without a 3x3 crafting grid?

Sure, you can grind wheat and punch sheep to get emeralds -> any other thing, but that's pointless. It doesn't even seem challenging, just monotonous.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Probably the goal is to reach "the end", start with killing animals and blowing creeper near extreme hill to gather emerald. But that must be a very long+pain process to go.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Why would you need to mine? What could you possibly do with stone/other metals / diamonds without a 3x3 crafting grid?

Sure, you can grind wheat and punch sheep to get emeralds -> any other thing, but that's pointless. It doesn't even seem challenging, just monotonous.

You can get wood, make planks, and make sticks. To get coal, for torches though, you need a friendly creeper to help you near an above ground (or below ground if you are INSANE) coal vein.

And trading with the villagers endlessly IS boring, so don't do that. You can loot villages for obsidian to make a nether portal, as well as find buckets to move lava to make a nether portal.

Probably the goal is to reach "the end", start with killing animals and blowing creeper near extreme hill to gather emerald. But that must be a very long+pain process to go.

Well, it is no GregTech, and if you don't find a village soon enough for stable food from their farms, yes, it becomes a bit bothersome, but I still enjoyed it.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah you need the village because you have no hoe to farm things by yourself. interesting..

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah you need the village because you have no hoe to farm things by yourself. interesting..

You don't need a hoe if you find a village, as they have farms. What you need to do is have lots of wooden planks ready to block those farms off so they don't go and jump all over them. Then you use their furnaces (or try and creeper mine a furnace, but that is a horrible idea!) to cook their potatoes, and any meat you want to cook using charcoal.

Lots of fun for when you think things are too easy.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
I meant you need the farmland because you can't make hoe yourself. That's just crazy lol

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I meant you need the farmland because you can't make hoe yourself. That's just crazy lol

Yeah, and if you lose ANY of the pre-made farmland, it feels a WHOLE LOT WORSE than when you normally accidentally step on farmland.

It actually is really good for trimming down your play style if you play in a lossy way. And it is fun, and drives people insane!

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Kinda sounds like Flatland survival. I got to the nether on that (that's all you can really do, no end). You can trade wheat for emeralds in many cases, which makes it really easy because I just steal their wheat and trade it. Took me about 5 villages to get to the nether.