Problem Filtered extraction form Loot crate opener - Stoneblock 2

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Boerny

Feb 4, 2019
Hi,

is there a way to filter the extraction form a loot crate opener? I know that you have to extrat form the bottom but as soon as i put a filter in the item conduit it does nothing.

Atm i want to filter Soulsand wich the lootcrates i am injecting do contain. Also after i removed the filter and it pulled out everything i got soulsand.

I do not want to pull everything in a chest and let a conduit pull the items in a trashcan but the blacklisted ones because i might need some other stuff later. Also since the loot crate opener can hold limitless items it would be way nicer.

LG

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I think the principle with loot crates is you can't see what's in them without opening them, and when they are opened, the item comes out whatever it is. That's certainly how they behave to a player, so I suspect the loot crate opener follows the same principle - no peeking, you have to break open the crate and get the item.

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
You need to set up an intermediary storage container. Loot crate > any sort of storage box > extraction pipe with filter into 2 containers, 1 trash and 1 keep. If it isnt set up this way you will get a backlog of items.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Think of it this way - if you peek inside a loot crate and find an item, then the loot crate now has metadata describing that item. It therefore does not stack with other loot crates that have not yet been opened and do not have item metadata yet. You need to store that metadata somewhere, such as an inventory with limited space. Loot Crate Openers do not have such inventories, so there's nowhere for the loot crate to go so it gets stuck in the interface and blocks it.