Filter not depositing to pipe

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Palindromas

Jul 29, 2019
When I have this setup, the filter will not output at all and the only way I can get it to work is if I have it hooked up to nothing.

Attachments

• 2013-04-04_20.20.34.png
    2013-04-04_20.20.34.png
    153.8 KB · Views: 103

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
When I have this setup, the filter will not output at all and the only way I can get it to work is if I have it hooked up to nothing.
I'm slightly confused, would it work if you connected it to a transposer or whatever makes things go out? Or, looking at your post, just hook it up to nothing so it will work?

Palindromas

Jul 29, 2019
I have them being pulled out of an ender chest and being pulled through the filter, to the sorting machine?[DOUBLEPOST=1365126176][/DOUBLEPOST]If I have the filter there all by itself with only a timer next to it and I put items into it then it will spit them out. It will not spit them out if i have a pneumatic tube connected to the front or a chest connected to the back.

Reactions: Chocorate

Endgamer013

Jul 29, 2019
The way RP is coded(I think) is that so items will not fall onto the ground, there has to be a "valid" inventory for the items to go after being pulled out.

Palindromas

Jul 29, 2019
I do actually have the items being pulled through the sorting machine into more tubes, I just took this part of it into an open area to get a better picture. The problem is that the filter will not pump any items out. If I pump items into it, they don't come out. For some strange reason, if I break the tube at the end of the filter after having pumped something into it (keep in mind, nothing has been pumped out yet) then the items will all start pumping out. I could make a video if that helps?

Jay Cee

Jul 29, 2019
Try breaking then replacing the filter? Otherwise the only other thing I can think of for a quick (and crappy) fix is to filter to a chest and then take from there with the sorter

RadioactiveSand

Jul 29, 2019
I would imagine the problem here is that your sorting machine isn't set up properly for what you're trying to do. A screen shot of your sorting machine's interface would help.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, you need to show us your Sorting Machine's interface screen.

That doesn't even look like it's powered, in which case, your filter probably wouldn't send items to it.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
I assume you currently have a storage area marked by blue, red, and black tubes, yeah?

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Sure. Also, if you want to take a look at your filter's GUI in the video, that'd be great as well.

RadioactiveSand

Jul 29, 2019
Was there an item, or items, going through your sorting machine at the time you took that screenshot? If not, its jammed on something.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
1) Your sorting machine is backlogged as indicated by the red light at the output side, there's something there that has no destination. RP devices will NOT output into a tube if there's not a valid inventory somewhere to put it, when this happens things get backlogged and it all stops. If the sorting machine is backlogged, the filter no longer has a valid destination to send things. Place a chest over the tube at the sorting machine to see what's jamming it.

2) place the enderchest directly next to the sorting machine and put the sorting machine into self ticking mode (its the selection box at the top and it'll have a dot in the center with arrows flowing around it or something. The sorting machine itself will pull out of the chest in this mode (you won't need a timer or anything at all), you don't need the filter unless you're intentionally having it leave items in the chest. If that is the case, use the filter on the other side of the sorting machine and have it filter out black items and direct them where ever your trying to get them (your configured default coloring).

I hope that helps

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, yeah. I didn't notice the red light.

When it's lit up like that, try placing a chest on the output side of the sorting machine that's not preceded by a marked pipe. Any jammed items should be deposited into it automatically.

Although... they should already be unjamming themselves by going into whatever chest is marked by a black tube. Maybe destroying/resetting the sortingmachine will help.