Filler problems

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

hix3r

Jul 29, 2019
Hi!

I have been using the direwolf20 pack v4 until now and I even tried the v5 to see if anything is changed this regard but no.
My problem is that my filler does not want to work. I quarried out a max size bit near my base, and now I want to fill it up to make a large flat area with the flatten mode. It doesn't want to work. No matter how hard I try the filler just turns red when the designated area is above the exposed bedrock.

I tried out the filler in small scale a little to the left and it worked perfectly it filled up a 4x4 hole I dug, but why can't it do the same with the quarried out bit? I know this used to work, I filled up quarry holes in 1.2.5 before with fillers.

I tried a bunch, I wemt down to the exposed bedrock, made the filler area only 4x4 to see if maybe the height or area size was too much? It didn't work. Here is a screenshot of what I am trying to do.

osA6sTO.jpg

I tried with all sorts of filler area designations but it doesn't matter this setup on the picture should work, this should start filling up from the bottom. Instead the filler just stays red. There is no lava, water or anything down there. No mobs blocking,, no chickens, pigs, bats, cows, whatever. I even tried it out with Peaceful mode on.

Does anybody have any information regarding this? Thank you.

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
Does the area you try to fill include bedrock blocks? They could potentially block/interfere with the filler since they are unmovable. Although I am not a filler expert, never really used it.

Otherwise I am not sure, maybe there's a size limit in the latest versions?

verid

Jul 29, 2019
Is the hole more than 64 deep?

EDIT: I see you're at level 64. Perhaps you should try fill mode instead of flatten.

hix3r

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah there is a max. filler size, same as quarry the weird part is that I did this exact thing before in 1.2.5 I filled in 3-4 max size finished quarry holes with the filler flatten mode from bedrock... then it worked flawlessly.

Yes the area include bedrock blocks but the flatten mode should fill in empty blocks from the ground up untiil it reaches the level of the black/yellow indicator level. I thought it can't put blocks that deep even if it worked in 1.2.5 so I moved it closer to bedrock like at y lvl 20, and it refused to work there too. I limited the are to like an 8x8 at y lvl 20 too and it refused to work there as well. It works flawlessly on the surface...

Filler isn't supposed to move blocks below the designated line in flatten mode, it should just start to place blocks in the indicated area that is an empty block and doesn't have a block above it until it reaches the y level specified.

I tried fill mode, but all it does is place a plane of blocks on the y level specified by the markers, so I would end up with a huge covered hole, but I would like to build there, bases and basements to those bases so I need it to be filled all the way, also mobs would spawn like crazy down there, lagging the server. (It is SMP and Hard difficulty.)
EDIT: Oh I see now why you asked y-vl 64, to designate a cube and it fills that. That could work. (Maybe my OCD would be problematic with the fact that some, 1-2 blocks would remain empty between some bedrock XD.)

I tried a trick though to put gravel and sand in it in fill mode, so it places them then they fall to bedrock(small problem, that it doesn't work from layer to layer, as soon as the first sand block falls and becomes an empty space, the filler again starts to put sand blocks there, so it fills in the area in 10-12 block long stripes), which is okay I guess but I will need to do this then in 2-steps because I want the last 4-5 layers to be dirt. I just wrote a post to see if anyone has similar troubles, maybe some other mod (or vanilla updates) conflict and makes the filler think it has some obstacle in the way when trying to place blocks right above bedrock blocks. I don't know. Because the red light on the filler would indicate it found some obstacle.

Other thing I will probably try out is that I fill in manually the first few layers until it is past bedrock blocks, then try the filler again. If so then it has some issues with bedrock for sure.