Feed the Beast Ultimate (Adding Mods to Server)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Kreek

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone! I have a few questions and issues I was wondering if someone knew the answer to. I have the default Ultimate Pack server, no changes made, and want to add a mod to it. I was wanting to add the Mutant Creatures mod to the server, and encountered some issues. It doesn't entirely work, and ends up crashing the server when a specific item is used. Here is what I did:

I downloaded the 1.4.7 version of the mod, as the Ultimate Pack uses Minecraft 1.4.7.
I then put that zip file into the instMods folder of the Ultimate Pack.
I tested it in single player, and ended up working just fine.
I copied that zip file into the server's mods folder.
Tried it out on the server, and it seems only part of it works. The actual mutant creatures work, as they do randomly spawn, however the specific item (chemical x), crashes the server when used.

Did I do this correctly? I'll give the crash report if I took the right steps. I just don't think I did this correctly.

Thanks!
Kreek

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
If you had to put it into the instMods folder, then it'll be more complicated. You'll actually need to add the files to the Jar, as there isn't a launcher to do it for you (it's basically what the instMods folders does).

Gamewolf

Jul 29, 2019
Just a question, i started messing around with adding mods to my server and i got the same problem with the mutants as you had, where it crashes if you use chemical x on the server. Could you explain what you did to fix it?