Feed the beast news! Ft Docm77 and Slowpoke

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Feed the beast news! Redpower, updates and more! With Slowpoke and Docm77.

Small resume:

-Planning on releasing new packs, and the official, of course: THIS SATURDAY!! With a livestream (they don't seem to know that 1.4.6 will be released tomorrow) and going out of beta... maybe with redpower?
Hints about new mods being added, thaumcraft 3 in the list.
Planning on releasing XyCraft if possible.
News on redpower.
New pack, especially made for the Mindcrack guys.
With the list of mods you will be able to make a custom pack, which with a simple click can be downloaed by others.
Some thoughts on gregtech not being on the official pack.
Meetup in PAX.

Froghandler

Jul 29, 2019
Very informative :) Thanks for posting this. I can listen to DocM talk all day long. Very pleaseant voice and personality.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
First it was Thermal Craft, now Thermal Exchange, I wonder why this mod is so commonly mistitled.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
isnt thermal expansion the official name?

ps: i think is because almost every other mod finishes with "craft" and exchange sounds like expansion.

SCAL37

Jul 29, 2019
It's also pretty ungooglable, what with sharing its name with an important material property. Then again, it's not as generic a mod name as Zeppelin. *sniff* I miss that mod so much...

Monte86

Jul 29, 2019
Summary from reddit:
Confirmed by Slowpoke:
Modpacks will (most likely) be updated to 1.4.6 by Saturday.
Worlds made in Beta (the current FTB release) will be able to be carried over to the new version of FTB, but will probably have some small issues (mostly with GregTech).
Mods have tonnes of stability changes, bugfixes, and have updated stuff.
It is in your best interest to start a fresh new world, "It will certainly benefit you in the long run" -Slowpoke
New world gen
Possibility of some mods in the pack, being taken out.
Mindcrack server will have it's own version of the FTB pack! (That anybody else can download as well)
You'll be able to refine what ores spawn, how much of it spawns, and where it spawns in a config file.
By doing this, they've turned off all the exact same ores from other packs, and increased the spawning of the ores from thermal expansion (for example, they've turned off all other versions of copper, so now there's only 1 kind of copper)
Xycraft is added.
EE3 is added. (It is totally different from EE2)
They'll probably be making some kind of MLP pack, it will be absolutely separate from everything else, will be catering towards the younger/MLP fan audience.
Added the ability to make 'private packs'. More info
They have "like 10 people posted, working on the FTB wiki at the moment". (Will be in multiple languages)
They're gonna release official FTB maps for speed runs specifically.
There will be a livestream when they release the 1.4.6 Ver of FTB showing everything off.

I don't have a link. that is just what a friend posted on our server forums.

AliasXNeo

Jul 29, 2019
Summary from reddit:
Confirmed by Slowpoke:
Modpacks will (most likely) be updated to 1.4.6 by Saturday.
Worlds made in Beta (the current FTB release) will be able to be carried over to the new version of FTB, but will probably have some small issues (mostly with GregTech).
Mods have tonnes of stability changes, bugfixes, and have updated stuff.
It is in your best interest to start a fresh new world, "It will certainly benefit you in the long run" -Slowpoke
New world gen
Possibility of some mods in the pack, being taken out.
Mindcrack server will have it's own version of the FTB pack! (That anybody else can download as well)
You'll be able to refine what ores spawn, how much of it spawns, and where it spawns in a config file.
By doing this, they've turned off all the exact same ores from other packs, and increased the spawning of the ores from thermal expansion (for example, they've turned off all other versions of copper, so now there's only 1 kind of copper)
Xycraft is added.
EE3 is added. (It is totally different from EE2)
They'll probably be making some kind of MLP pack, it will be absolutely separate from everything else, will be catering towards the younger/MLP fan audience.
Added the ability to make 'private packs'. More info
They have "like 10 people posted, working on the FTB wiki at the moment". (Will be in multiple languages)
They're gonna release official FTB maps for speed runs specifically.
There will be a livestream when they release the 1.4.6 Ver of FTB showing everything off.

I don't have a link. that is just what a friend posted on our server forums.

That was very helpful. Cheers.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone post a better summary so that those with a life don't have to waste 44 minutes of it?

what is this... "life" thing you're talking about? Is that... some kind of mod that I, and all the other 21.000 people that watched the video don't know about?

Don't get cocky, Mr.IHaveALifeBecauseIDon'tWatchA44MinutesVideo

arthahar

Oct 31, 2012
Look like all mods will need at least recompile for support 1.4.6, so have special 1.4.6 version. THis meaning wait mods update 2-... days

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019

MLP?

I dozed off halfway into the video and didn't see the whole thing. It wasn't boring, I had just gotten off an overtime shift and was extremely tired.

arthahar

Oct 31, 2012
possible MLP = My Little Pony base at existed mod and texturepack
Crazy thing by colors and skins