Feed The Beast major lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie.Ellis1997

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm new to feed the beast (I played tekkit for a while) and decided I wanted to try the hog raft pack, it installed fine and everything went well. I then went to single player and world loaded fine , but my FPS was extraordinarily low (something like 5 fps). I changed all the settings to fast graphics and render distance tiny but didn't change anything. So I tried all the different packs (and increased memory usage) and the same thing happened. I don't really know what todo know!!!

Without Ftb running memory usage was virtually nothing but was 89% when Ftb worked
I have 6GB RAM I don't know the rest but can find out if needed

reverandraptor

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure. I recently had a graphics card die, so I have to use the one built into my motherboard, and now I'm down to a max of 10FPS (Down from stable 30.)

If there is a way to cheat it, I'd really like to know.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Judging by the severity of the FPS drop and that you'r on a laptop my guess is that your dedicated graphics card isn't kicking in like it should.
If your computer have a nvidia graphics card then the issue can be fixed as described in this thread.
If you have a intel graphics card then im not really sure, but look at this thread.
If you don't know what graphics card your computer is running then type dxdiag in the start menu search field and look under the "display" tab.

hunter5790

Jul 29, 2019
I get about 20-120 fps on vanilla but with FTB runnign i get only 3-15. I Have a gaming graphics card so idk what else the problem could be. It could also be because of all of the items and stuff added in the Mod, then it would have to load up all of the Items, Biomes, Ect.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
I get about 20-120 fps on vanilla but with FTB runnign i get only 3-15. I Have a gaming graphics card so idk what else the problem could be. It could also be because of all of the items and stuff added in the Mod, then it would have to load up all of the Items, Biomes, Ect.
I normally get 60 FPS in vanilla, I still get 30-50 in FTB, you're doing something wrong.

Here are clear instructions for fixing this with a Nvidia graphics card: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Bsj3XIUZ7JmmeFlvybMLcAdU1tBJ6sFs21muEVLNbCI/pub

Reactions: Booker The Geek

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Rename your FTB launcher to Minecraft.exe (e.g. ftb.exe to minecraft.exe)
Note: on some computers, the .exe can be hidden, depending on your settings. If you can't see it, don't add it.

This is a dodgy way of making the graphics card think you're running normal Minecraft, but you aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.