Favorite Mod?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Sam Faria

Jul 29, 2019
For me my one favourite mod would have to be Applied Energistics 2 as it adds a sensible and easy way to store items although Thermal Expansion and Twilight Forest were close behind.

Tepig4321

Jul 29, 2019
While large AE systems are indeed impressive and fun to build, I feel like AE is not very useful on its own. You have to combine it with other mods to make the most out of it.
I do agree with you, there is no point having it in itself because you wont even have that much stuff.
You need like a quarry.

Fuzzbling

Jul 29, 2019
USA
Railcraft

It was the second mod I had ever used (first one was the original Industrial Craft for MC Beta 1.4). I really like building the intricate rail systems, and the tunnel bore just feels much more rewarding than a quarry.

Tepig4321

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft

It was the second mod I had ever used (first one was the original Industrial Craft for MC Beta 1.4). I really like building the intricate rail systems, and the tunnel bore just feels much more rewarding than a quarry.
The only thing I don't like about railcraft is the crafting recipe changes

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
For me it's hands down Botania, followed by Tinker's Construct and Thaumcraft 4. Although I do like different mods for different tasks ;)

VictiniStar101

Jul 29, 2019
Some of my favorite mods include Thermal Expansion, Tinkers Construct, Mekanism, Ender IO, Simply Jetpacks, and I am beginning to appreciate Galacticraft.

sporemasterjw

Jul 29, 2019
While large AE systems are indeed impressive and fun to build, I feel like AE is not very useful on its own. You have to combine it with other mods to make the most out of it.

The same could be said for many other mods though... Bigreactors is a good example, it really needs other mods, but it is still a great mod

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
A lot of good suggestions so far but for me it is AE2. I'm a huge fan of the fun and challenge that AlgorithmX2 added with channels. A great mod turned brilliant. As others have said a pack that is vanilla+AE2 would be useless but who the heck plays one mod packs?! I took the question to be "out of all the mods in typically played packs like DW20 and Infinity, which is your single favorite?"

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
Points to cutiemark.

Gregtech.

I love the machines, I love the feel of the mod, and i love the looks. With the large multiblock grinders, blast furnaces, destillation towers up to the fusion reactor. its my jam. (I know.. rotarycraft but i always tear my poor hair out at rotarycraft power transfer over distance)

Reactions: Gamefury64 and ljfa