Bug Fatally Missing Registry Entries

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

itanshi

Jul 29, 2019
Considering this solved for me, ymmv tho

What I did: Opened FTB Revelations 3.2.1 for 1.12 Java MC on PC (Windows 10) via Twitch App

I joined a multiplayer server that definitely worked yesterday. I saw the error in title first, then I retried and I saw this one.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...928336414605333/javaw_2020-01-01_07-46-43.png

Then I saw this one after wiping the local config

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...932382458216479/javaw_2020-01-01_08-02-41.png

log file: http://itanshi.com/ftbrevelationslog.txt

with local config reset: http://itanshi.com/ftbrevelationslog2.txt

UPDATE: changing the clock back to 2019 supposedly fixed this

UPDATE 2: ok, swell, we restarted the server and now it works without a date change. GG team

Last edited:

lnodiv

Jan 1, 2020
Seems like this is effecting everyone on Revelations or a derivative.

Squat500

Jan 1, 2020
I experienced this the moment my server (east coast) ticked midnight 2020. I have clients in several time zones.
Similar errors.

Folks that WERE running and actively connected to the server during the new year stayed connected. Folks that joined shortly after were greeted with that error. Folks that were running during the switch and stayed online after midnight were not able to reconnect after logging off.

Changing the clock is not working in this instance, as it causes issues with authentication.

Squat500

Jan 1, 2020
Server side set to 23:30 12/31/19
Client side also set to the same.

Restarted server and client.

Encountered same error. I pasted the last few lines from the client here.

** Pastebin is pending approval. So here is the overview paste.

1. inal.jar:4.1.9.Final]
  2. at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:559) [netty-all-4.1.9.Final.jar:4.1.9.Final]
  3. at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:476) [netty-all-4.1.9.Final.jar:4.1.9.Final]
  4. at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:438) [netty-all-4.1.9.Final.jar:4.1.9.Final]
  5. at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:858) [netty-all-4.1.9.Final.jar:4.1.9.Final]
  6. at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_231]
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Recipe minecraft:crafting_table (net.minecraft.item.crafting.ShapedRecipes@417b3642) produces unregistered item minecraft:crafting_table (net.minecraft.item.ItemBlock@5ba63110)

And server side:
  1. [23:31:34] [Netty Server IO #4/INFO] [journeymap]: CLIENT
  2. [23:31:34] [Netty Server IO #4/INFO] [FML]: Attempting connection with missing mods [bedpatch] at CLIENT
  3. [23:31:34] [Netty Server IO #4/INFO] [CodeChickenLib-ConfigSync]: Skipping config sync, No mods have registered a syncable config.
  4. [23:31:34] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/NetHandlerPlayServer]: Squat500 lost connection: Disconnected

Squat500

Jan 1, 2020
I wonder if this error is associated with the issue, since "Santa" likely is time dependent.

[16:01:09] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: Unidentified mapping from registry minecraft:villagerprofessions
[16:01:09] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: stevescarts:santa: 16
[16:01:09] [Server thread/WARN] [FML]: Forge Mod Loader detected missing registry entries.
There are 1 missing entries in this save.
If you continue the missing entries will get removed.
A world backup will be automatically created in your saves directory.
Missing minecraft:villagerprofessions:
stevescarts:santa
Run the command /fml confirm or or /fml cancel to proceed.
Alternatively start the server with -Dfml.queryResult=confirm or -Dfml.queryResult=cancel to preselect the answer.

I can confirm that my Sky Adventures is also encountering identical issues, Stoneblock on the other hand runs as I would expect.

lnodiv

Jan 1, 2020
This shouldn't be related to the Santa issue - that's just sloppy handling of removing the time-gated entity on the part of stevescarts, and is bypassed with a simple confirmation dialogue.

itanshi

Jul 29, 2019
FTB no longer supports 1.12 :/

anyone try and update some mods see if it fixes it?

UPDATE: ok, swell, we restarted the server and now it works without a date change. GG team

Last edited:

Squat500

Jan 1, 2020
I have bypassed with /ftb confirm to boot up.

The mising registry errors continued.

I then ran the install once more, and launched from the start script and it appears that something got corrupted during a backup.
What is strange is that 2/4 test clients were able to connect. I am digging in to see if the primary cause of the problems is related to the new year, or transient. Once 4/4 successfully connect, I will update yall with a file or folder that was most suspect if I can identify it.

itanshi

Jul 29, 2019
I appreciate that. my single player world got corrupted. my refined storage cables and an export bus became buildcraft machines, my chiseled stone wall became chiseled blocks of silver, then game crashed. FWIW

I'll live

Squat500

Jan 1, 2020
This is very strange.
It did, as you say, swap some of the items. It was relatively limited in most cases.
4/4 clients are connected now, but I lack the knowledge to identify which was the primary culprit. Strangely, restoring a previous backup (world backup first, then a full image of the entire FTB revelation folder) ALSO had the login issues, without the world corruption after doing the reinstall. Perhaps the backup got borked at midnight or a config file is auto updating. Quite a few had new time stamps showing it was edited even though there appeared to be no change to the file in a compare tool.