Fastest Ore Processing

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
A

Ascend

Hello,
I was wondering which mod offers the fastest ore processing. (raw ore -> 2 ingots) I currently have 16 maxed TE pulverizers feeding into 16 maxed TE furnaces, but this is not nearly fast enough when you have to processing a few hundred thousand ores.

Why, you ask? Because ultimate solar panels are expensive as hell.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Since you can now have a TiCo smeltery in virtually any size you like (not restricted to a 3x3 base any more), you can fill the tank with blazing pyrotheum and go hogwild.

It gets to the point that the blocks solidifying in the casting basin is the main speed bottleneck.

Or you can go oldschool and use a massively overclocked Macerator/Furnace combo from IC2.

Or a vanilla furnace with a well-tuned friction heater from rotarycraft. Can get silly speeds out of that.

There was a thread with a speed comparison, but it's probably a good 18 months old by now (crazy outdated).

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
The fastest I know of is Rotarycraft, which -to my best knowledge- has no upper limit.
Once you hit 1 operation per tick, you can push it even faster to do 2, 3, 4 ect operations per tick. [I guess it'll top out as 64 per tick- due to stack size??]
(the grinder yields 3x, the extractor ~5x, ~9x or -13x depending on the ore)
Oh, and theres a brilliant little interaction with Chromaticraft. But I'll let you discover that for yourself ;)

A

Ascend

I probably should have stated this in my original question, but are any of these methods particularity lag-free?
I know that rotarycrafts' machines can have large effects if a lot of them are rendered, but would I be correct to assume that there wouldn't be a problem if I had just 2 or 3 machines?

Thanks for the info!

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I probably should have stated this in my original question, but are any of these methods particularity lag-free?
I know that rotarycrafts' machines can have large effects if a lot of them are rendered, but would I be correct to assume that there wouldn't be a problem if I had just 2 or 3 machines?

Thanks for the info!

My computer is junk and my pack relies heavily on RotaryCraft. I don't have issues. Your milage may vary.

That said, RotaryCraft isn't a mod where you can just build one block and plop it down and forget about it. Due to the power requirements of each machine and a few items that gate progress, you will need more than 2-3 machines. This is especially true if you are looking to push an Extractor to silly levels of throughput. That said, at just over 5x ore multiplication, you may be able to dial back your minig operations (which could help offset the load of the infrastructure needed slightly).

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,
I was wondering which mod offers the fastest ore processing. (raw ore -> 2 ingots) I currently have 16 maxed TE pulverizers feeding into 16 maxed TE furnaces, but this is not nearly fast enough when you have to processing a few hundred thousand ores.

Why, you ask? Because ultimate solar panels are expensive as hell.
You Best bet is propably to just make another 32 furnace

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
It's pretty hard to beat Nuclearcraft's Nuclear Furnace. For one ingot of fuel, it'll smelt an entire stack of anything in the same time it takes a vanilla furnace to do one item.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013

Thanks for the info!

The rotarycraft suggestion shouldn't cause lag issues. The chromaticraft one might if you use like a 256x tile accelerator on an entity that's rendered. Not sure but I think that way madness lies...

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
There may have -at one point- been a grievance with Rotarycraft's performance- however that was eons ago. Reika's done a tonne of optimisation, and everything runs rather well.
If you dig through his posts, theres a few screenshots showing how well RoC stacks against other mods in terms of CPU usage. It came out as one of the best.