Fast movement/travel options in Infinity

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Since when? The last time I used quantum armor it had creative flight.
Could have changed in the long time since I last pushed that far in IC2, but I was always under the impression that the different Q-suit pieces give different things, the helmet is basically infinite air (possibly hunger, too), the leggings were speed, the boots were fall damage and jumping, and the chestpiece was basically a forcefield.

But, then, most of the mod has changed since then.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I know it didn't provide flight in 1.5 but i'm not sure exactly when in the experimental branch (1.6+) the change was made.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Creative flight was added to the quantum chestplate some time ago, I do not know the version, but it was definitely there. It was during the time when gravi suite wasn't in the mod packs. I do recall it was difficult to figure out how to turn it on, I had to google it.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Y'all should be thinking with portals. Best way to travel.

Portals only help to travel to places you have already been (and had a chance to setup a portal). Flying is more useful for exploration. Flying is also usefor for building large structures

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Portals only help to travel to places you have already been (and had a chance to setup a portal). Flying is more useful for exploration. Flying is also usefor for building large structures
I agree, except in the case of using the Nether portal distance difference to cover great distances in the Overworld.

Or you could relatively easily(I think) build a Portal Seeding frame rig that simply travels in one direction forever while it seeds something like Mystcraft Portals(those are easy to build and send linking books back home) with regular intervals. That could actually be a really cool build and a nice way to explore :p

Reactions: Seyless

Coyote81

Jul 29, 2019
Did anyone mention Dark Steel Armor with upgrades, having that for leg armor and other speed buffs can get you going really really fast.

Baaleos

Jul 29, 2019
Witchery and Thaumcraft both have teleport powers up for grabs.
Witchery - Infusion of the Otherwhere - you basically get the ability to use Ender Teleportation.
Thaumcraft 4 - Blink Wand focus - you can right click and instantly teleport to the location you look at. Use of void caps will allow the wand to recharge giving unlimited teleportation.

Other options include flying on a broom from witchery, changing into a Flock of Bats - as a vampire, from witchery etc

T

ThreeCrown

Modular Power Suits spoiled me, but it's not part of Infinity, and afaik, it's not updated to 1.7 yet.

I never really familiarized myself with other travel options (fast move speed, flight, etc) from other mods.

What options are available to me in Infinity?
Actually you can. We have Power suits with ID 7951 from MachineMuse's Modular Power Suit
~Infinity

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
Don't discount other travel methods as well. Travel anchors and the staff of travel from Ender IO are great for getting around your base. The anchors let you warp to other ones while standing on one, and the staff lets you warp to anchors without standing anywhere in particular, as well as warping you through walls and ceilings. That made a huge difference for me in my base, even having some of the early-tier jetpacks.

My base is a floating-platforms base, so I go back and forth a lot from here to there and to the island below.