Fast movement/travel options in Infinity

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
*puts on his "I am about to do something stupid face*

Lets see,
Boots of horizontal shield/comet
Globetrotter's sash
Gravisuit
Quantum solar helmet for energy
Blood magic speed IV flask
Glider
Run on concrete/ice

Result:
If minecraft had realistic physics, you would probably burn up.

Reactions: joseff amador

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
If it is for inside your base you can use the RFTools environmental controller which is like a vanilla beacon (which you can use too btw) but needs RF and can do a bigger range.

I see what you did there. But acctully I use it in my base. Just because distiance is to big for EnderIO Travel blocks.

For movement speed I like Thaumcraft Traveler boots enchanted with the osmatic enchantment stuff and also the flight thing from Thaumcraft (needs potentia refill)

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Options for flying:
(1) Angel Ring (XU)
(2) Tier 5 jetpack (Simply Jetpacks) plus Hang Glider (Open Blocks)
(3) Blood Magic Potions
(4) If only in your base: Reverence of the Condor (Blood Magic ritual, gives you creative flight in a 41x??x41 area centered on the master ritual stone)
(5) Thaumcraft's Thaumostatic Harness (slow)

Options for teleporting:
(1) RFTools' Teleporter
(2) Draconic Evolution's Charms of Dislocation
(3) Thaumic Tinkerer Kami's Celestial Portals

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Options for flying:
(1) Angel Ring (XU)
(3) Blood Magic Potions
(4) If only in your base: Reverence of the Condor (Blood Magic ritual, gives you creative flight in a 41x??x41 area centered on the master ritual stone)

Options for teleporting:
(1) RFTools' Teleporter

(4) If only in your base you can get creative flight from the RFTools environmental controller.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
What's its range?

Depends on how much power you want to put in it. But the maximum it can do is from y level 0 to 256 with a radius of 100 (so that's a diameter of 200 blocks).

Basically it is a cylinder and you decide the height and radius of it in the GUI.

APproject

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on how much power you want to put in it. But the maximum it can do is from y level 0 to 256 with a radius of 100 (so that's a diameter of 200 blocks).

Basically it is a cylinder and you decide the height and radius of it in the GUI.

That's cool af. I'm trying that soon.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
One thing that no-one seems to have noticed is the Blink Focus from Forbidden Magic. Maybe not as powerful as some, but the augment options give it some fun combat applications

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I've spent the past week working on IC2 mod... and I've discovered the mod has a "teleporter" block, but haven't tried using it yet. Still working on making Quantum Hybrid Solar Panels, but when I have enough of those I'll prob use them to power some Teleporter blocks! Why fly somewhere if you can just snap your fingers or click your ruby red high heels together like Dorothy? :)

Also, I made the IC2 Quantum Armor, however I can't figure out how to fly in the armor (it requires a jetpack when you make it). I returned to using the very-easy Simply Jetpack Flux armor. I looked thru the keyboard controls screen and couldn't figure out what keys enable flight with the Quantum suit.

I also see the Gravitation Suite mod takes the IC2 Quantum Armor and expands upon it, but I haven't made that one yet to try it out.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Options for flying:
(1) Angel Ring (XU)
(3) Blood Magic Potions

Options for teleporting:
(1) RFTools' Teleporter
You missed Botania's Fugal tiara, IC2's Quantum Chestplate (and the Jetpacks), Quantumsuit chestplate (which also charges eu items in inventory, unlike the Quantum, and holds more.) There are probibly others that I've missed that haven't alraedy been mentioned.

Also for teleportation Botania has a relic called the eye of the fugal which lets you set 12 teleport points, IC2 has it's teleporter, and I suppose you could count using ender rails to hop across a dimensional transceiver. Oh and let's not forget Mystcraft Linking Books, which have to be intra-linking for teleports in the same world. In short ranges, Ender IO's Travel Anchors are pretty good, but they aren't so great for longer distances.

EDIT: Formatting

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Hmmmm. I am running MPS fine on my 1.7 Infinity pack.

I just pulled MPS and Numina off DW20's pack, and voila (as it's not official on Muse's website).

joseff amador

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmmm. I am running MPS fine on my 1.7 Infinity pack.

I just pulled MPS and Numina off DW20's pack, and voila (as it's not official on Muse's website).

I tried, but the recipes weren't working.

So I grabbed the newest ones from somewhere else, and ever since I tried those, my game crashes when I click any MPS recipes in NEI. So I gave up.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
I tried, but the recipes weren't working.

So I grabbed the newest ones from somewhere else, and ever since I tried those, my game crashes when I click any MPS recipes in NEI. So I gave up.
Ah yeah I had that. Lemme remember how I fixed it. Gimme a minute.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Right!

You also need to copy this folder from the DW20 installtion: minecraft\config\machinemuse\recipes

There's 2 recipe files in there that are needed by NEI or something. All I know is that when I copied it everything worked fine. Just copy the whole machinemuse folder for good measure :)

joseff amador

Jul 29, 2019
Right!

You also need to copy this folder from the DW20 installtion: minecraft\config\machinemuse\recipes

There's 2 recipe files in there that are needed by NEI or something. All I know is that when I copied it everything worked fine. Just copy the whole machinemuse folder for good measure :)

Thanks! Will try this...

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
I've spent the past week working on IC2 mod... and I've discovered the mod has a "teleporter" block, but haven't tried using it yet. Still working on making Quantum Hybrid Solar Panels, but when I have enough of those I'll prob use them to power some Teleporter blocks! Why fly somewhere if you can just snap your fingers or click your ruby red high heels together like Dorothy? :)

Also, I made the IC2 Quantum Armor, however I can't figure out how to fly in the armor (it requires a jetpack when you make it). I returned to using the very-easy Simply Jetpack Flux armor. I looked thru the keyboard controls screen and couldn't figure out what keys enable flight with the Quantum suit.

I also see the Gravitation Suite mod takes the IC2 Quantum Armor and expands upon it, but I haven't made that one yet to try it out.
First off, the quantum suit does not allow flying, that's the purpose of the gravisuit.

The teleporter is actually quite good for short-range hops, but takes an ungodly amount of power for much more.

Back in 1.2.5, I made a group of telepads in a 3x3 shape, with HV solar panels in the corners, and the edges filled with MFSUs, and a teleporter in the middle. That gave enough power to base hop, but needed an RP2 tunnel bore, and EE2 duping to make the damn things.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
It does let you fly, but only in 1.6+ minecraft versions (i think). The recipe does somewhere along the line include an electric jetpack if i'm not mistaken (Not played with IC2 in ages.)

EDIT: If you wondering why on earth you'd upgrade the chestplate knowing both allow flight, the gravi holds a LOT more EU than the Quantum, and it charges EU-using tools. Again as i've not used IC2 in ages, I don't rember the hotkey, but you should be able to find it in the key bindings setup somewhere.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Botania sash and flux infused boots and leggings will have you moving pretty quick, after that, Draconic armor will have you running into things and getting dizzy.

Daniel_USA

Jul 29, 2019
There are springs in the mod pack. There basic ones and more powerful ones. (Which are just 2 basic ones put together). Stand on the spring and right click and it will send you flying into the sky then use a hang glider to take off. I usually have an air sigil as well. You can get all this within an hour of game time. It's just iron and string and it takes 2 to make one of the higher tier. The hang glider is sticks and leather.

Springs are from "Spring Board" and hang glider is from "Open Blocks". Air sigil is from Blood Magic.

I used this for a really long time until I brewed flight potions using the Alchemic Chemistry Set.

A flask will give you 8 swigs of flight (which equal 8 minutes of flight) and you can combine 2 flasks to refill one flask. So if you have 4 uses in 2 flasks you will have 1 empty flask and 1 with 8 uses.