Fast movement/travel options in Infinity

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

joseff amador

Jul 29, 2019
Modular Power Suits spoiled me, but it's not part of Infinity, and afaik, it's not updated to 1.7 yet.

I never really familiarized myself with other travel options (fast move speed, flight, etc) from other mods.

What options are available to me in Infinity?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
In Blood Magic you have the Air Sigil which will allow you to fly with continuous use, and I believe the Sigil of Haste will increase your movement speed.

Reactions: joseff amador

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
EnderIO's Dark Armor gives speed boosts among other things although I think its the leggings. Personally though, I like the boots of the traveler from thaumcraft because its speed boost applies to jetpacks and can be further enhanced with the haste enchantment, and it has step assist too.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Botania has a few speed boosting options.
You get yourself a globetrotters/soujourners sash to start with. Kill the gaia and get excalibur, when held it increases your speed.
Heck, you could probably make yourself uber fast by mixing a few things:
Boots of the traveller (Thaumcraft) - give them Haste 3 of course
Blood magic legs with an air sigil (for speed)
Globetrotters sash
Hold excalibur
Take a speed II potion...

There's probably more too ;)

Reactions: Dante12129

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
Modular Power Suits spoiled me, but it's not part of Infinity, and afaik, it's not updated to 1.7 yet.

I never really familiarized myself with other travel options (fast move speed, flight, etc) from other mods.

What options are available to me in Infinity?
(Modular power suits is updated to 1.7. Just look at direwolf20's pack.)

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
If it is for inside your base you can use the RFTools environmental controller which is like a vanilla beacon (which you can use too btw) but needs RF and can do a bigger range.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
All of the above plus:

Simply jetpacks
Redstone Arsenal(probably the closest to MPS just more expensive, also enchantable)
Draconic Evolution Armor(most powerful in the game)
Ic2 armor

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
In my last world I ended up with fully tricked out Bound Armour (blood magic), which gave me speed boost among many other things.

Oh and an angel ring for creative flight :)

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Take a glider and jump with all those speed buffs, you retain the momentum while gliding.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I prefer gravisuit. It is really fast
Yeah if you get some kind of walking speed boost(boots of the traveler, Haste enchant, whatever) and then Advanced jetpack/Advanced Nano armour/Gravichest and hit the boost key: Whooosh!

APproject

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah if you get some kind of walking speed boost(boots of the traveler, Haste enchant, whatever) and then Advanced jetpack/Advanced Nano armour/Gravichest and hit the boost key: Whooosh!
I use quantum leggings until I can make draconic

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I use quantum leggings until I can make draconic
Wont really help you in flight as you cannot activate the sprint by double tapping unless you are walking on the ground. But anything that boosts the default walking speed will also boosts flight speed. So anything with the haste effect.

MushroomDynamo

Jul 29, 2019
Get yourself a SimplyJetpack, a really long ceiling, and sprint right before jumping into the ceiling. Hold down spacebar + forward.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

...Please note I am not responsible for you inevitably impacting chunk boundaries from abusing physics exploits to travel faster than your hard drive can possibly load chunks to handle.

joseff amador

Jul 29, 2019
(Modular power suits is updated to 1.7. Just look at direwolf20's pack.)

Welp, I tried adding MPS and I can't seem to get it to work.

Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/qwRuk2at

I found the newest files here:
http://build.technicpack.net/view/MachineMuse/job/ModularPowersuits/

I added the latest numina, modular power suits, and sick-util.jars to my /mods folder
I added the two libraries (vanilla and thermal expansion) to my config/machinmuse/recipes folder

The Mod items show up in NEI, in-game, but when I click any of them, my client crashes. Any clues? Do I need the listed -dev files too?