Farming Valley 1.10.2 Discussion/tips/information gathering

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
B

Bexie119

I accidentally gifted my cow milker to one of the NPCs, is there anyway to get it back??

C

CrazyPharaoh

Ive been having issues with industrial hemp, i dont know when they have finished growing or when to harvest them, on the FTB wiki it says you just hit them when they are two blocks tall but ive tried and nothing happens, any help?

illegaltime

Jul 29, 2019
ive been having trouble with the upgrade of the tools.
everytime i get my upgraded tool from Daneiru its appears twice in my inventory and when i try to use it, it DISAPEARS ENTIRELY FROM MY INVENTORY, i dont know how to report this bug so if anyone can\
pls report this to the modpack creator to fix this.
Tnx

B

BaconOfWar66

everytime i get my upgraded tool from Daneiru its appears twice in my inventory and when i try to use it, it DISAPEARS ENTIRELY FROM MY INVENTORY, i dont know how to report this bug so if anyone can\
Tnx

I know! I've tried repairing my hammer twice and it keeps doing the exact same thing as you. It is so frustrating.

H

hex_bug

Any possiblity of getting an FTB pack code for this pack? Curse doesn't run on Linux so ATM I can't play this pack

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
You can download a zip file from the curse page, if I'm not mistaken, and use that with something like multimc to run it. It's a bit more work, and it won't automatically update, but it's a good workaround when you can't use the curse/twitch launcher.

A

accobra427

how do you get married. ive got three o the girls up to the red heart level but whats next.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Milkers can be bought from one of the NPCs, I think (but could be wrong) the blacksmith.

Hemp is harvested with the sickle when fully grown. Use it on the top portion of the plant.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Hello *waves*

I just recently started playing this modpack - love stardew valley so harvest festival is amazing :] - but it seems I ran into a bug:
Yulif first had the blueprints for the other buildings in his shop, but after a few days he suddenly stopped selling them. (he still sells the shipping bin, stone, wood, all the bibliocraft stuff just no blueprints)

Is there some way to fix this or is my game screwed and I would have to start over? :/

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
When I explained Farming Valley to my wife, she fell in love with the idea. The only issue I see is that she plays MC on Peaceful mode only.

Does Peaceful mode ruin any mechanics in this modpack? Or does it allow monsters to spawn anyway, like in the Mining Hill?

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
When I explained Farming Valley to my wife, she fell in love with the idea. The only issue I see is that she plays MC on Peaceful mode only.

Does Peaceful mode ruin any mechanics in this modpack? Or does it allow monsters to spawn anyway, like in the Mining Hill?

I have watched a couple of YouTubers play this pack and they have played on Peaceful, I didn't notice any problems with them doing so.

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
I have watched a couple of YouTubers play this pack and they have played on Peaceful, I didn't notice any problems with them doing so.

My wife started playing, and she is actually considering playing on Normal. Primarily, the Peaceful mode negates any mechanics with health (hearts), food or thirst. Part of the reason she wanted to play is because she liked the idea of the Spice of Life mechanics. Since it's the combat that she wants to avoid, I suggested playing on Normal and then switching to Peaceful if she gets in combat.

Ockman

Jul 29, 2019
My wife started playing, and she is actually considering playing on Normal. Primarily, the Peaceful mode negates any mechanics with health (hearts), food or thirst. Part of the reason she wanted to play is because she liked the idea of the Spice of Life mechanics. Since it's the combat that she wants to avoid, I suggested playing on Normal and then switching to Peaceful if she gets in combat.

Not sure how helpful this is but if you have cheats on in your world you can run " /gamerule doMobSpawning false " it will disable all mob spawns after that point (monsters, animals, and testificates). Harvest mobs still force spawn with this on, so npc's and animals you purchase or earn as rewards will still spawn. You still have to deal with the ones from before the command, but switching to peaceful and back will remove them anyway.

This should allow you to play on a higher game difficulty without having to worry about the monsters. Although you may have to run the above command in each dimension for it to work there (overworld, mining hill, nether, etc.)

If you don't have cheat mode on, the mod "Global GameRules" lets you set gamerules from a config file without requiring commands.

B

BananaK

A few questions for how things work in this pack, in case anyone can answer them:
1. How do I best get hunger? It's a nasty problem that eats a lot of my money to buy stuff from the store, I'm currently at the end of my first year in winter if anyone has any info on how to get food easily.
2. How do relationships work? EG. what are good gifts, what happens when you get up relationships, and how do you marry?
3. Are there schedules for the villagers that I can access? One of my big problems is finding the people while their shops are open since they move around so much. Since the wiki is broken for the mod I can't find anything on it.
4. How do I best make money? Farming is nice but past that are there any other good methods?

V

VueLegend

When harvesting grass for fodder, when it is 2 blocks high harvest from the highest point so the grass seeds will still be there. Harvesting them from the bottom will destroy the seed.

R

ReverseZoom

How can I get gold ore? I can't go deeper than level 53 in my mining hill.

J

jkrofl

Help me fix my Cafe, please. I kinda summoned the Wither near a Jungle and everything got burnt down, including the 2nd floor and more of the Cafe. Anyone knows how to repair it to the way the BUILDING was? Dead NPCs would just respawn the next day anyways, but the Cafe is one of the biggest buildings in the town and I can't leave it like that! Appreciate any help!

R

Raygel

Tnx

I've been having this same problem. Has anyone found a solution?

T

Tispir85

I am having a bit of an issue with the Mining hill on a server i am playing on. Everyone gets to build their own villages of course but i had built my mining hill and i had been told that you can find a portal to other levels for better ores but i am unable to find said portal to it. Is this a common bug or do i need to find some other way of fixing this or am i just SOL?

Mr_Spiffles

Jul 29, 2019
Hello *waves*

I just recently started playing this modpack - love stardew valley so harvest festival is amazing :] - but it seems I ran into a bug:
Yulif first had the blueprints for the other buildings in his shop, but after a few days he suddenly stopped selling them. (he still sells the shipping bin, stone, wood, all the bibliocraft stuff just no blueprints)

Is there some way to fix this or is my game screwed and I would have to start over? :/
Second this, saw he had blueprints and all when i went to purchase the shipping bin. Next day he doesnt have them anymore. Cant get it to show up again. What exactly am I supposed to do to get him to sell blueprints again.