Farming netherwart

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
What's the best way to farm netherwart in Ultimate? As far as I'm aware, the three general options for autofarming are Forestry, Steve's Carts, and MFR. Which of these can handle netherwart, and which is best?

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
What's the best way to farm netherwart in Ultimate? As far as I'm aware, the three general options for autofarming are Forestry, Steve's Carts, and MFR. Which of these can handle netherwart, and which is best?
All three can handle netherwart, but SC needs a special upgrade for that (IIRC).
Forestry needs fertilizer. MFR with upgrades (does the version in the ultimate pack already have upgrades?) can farm up to a 25x25 area (emerald upgrade).

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
A very small farm with a straw golem and a wood golem will be pretty effective, unless you're using loads of netherwart, in which case, a larger farm of same type will probably suffice.

Reactions: Saice

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
yeah a smart straw golem can cover 10 blocks in any direction so a 21x21 save farm. More so if you drop Tiny Spectacles on it (adds 2 to its range)

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
Meh. I've done golems. I want to explore a different mod :p

What do I need to get it working with SC? I've not touched Railcraft at all, and I'm post-scarcity on UU, so I didn't think I'd actually have a use for SC. It'd be nice to try it out.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
MFR if you have a more recent version you can upgrade the machines to cover larger farms. Not sure if the planter can do wart as I have not tried it.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
We ran a straw golem on a 5x5 patch for roughly 15 gameplay hours. We now have more netherwart than our entire 5-person server will ever be able to consume before the next map reset (short of centrifuging it for methane or other such tomfoolery).

Honestly, you need so little of that stuff, you might as well keep a small patch in the corner and just grab a handful whenever you need it.

Reactions: Golrith