Farming Minium Shards...?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
Sinister + Mysterious
Frugal + Pupil[DOUBLEPOST=1368196369][/DOUBLEPOST]Mysterious is
Esoteric + Ender
or
Esoteric + Demonic[DOUBLEPOST=1368196407][/DOUBLEPOST]Esoteric is
Imperial + Demonic
or
Heroic + Demonic[DOUBLEPOST=1368196540][/DOUBLEPOST]Demonic is
Sinister + Fiendish (Must be bred in the nether)
Fiendish is
Sinister + Modest/Tropical/Cultivated(Must be done in the Nether)
Sinister is
Modest/Tropical + Cultivated (Again, In the nether)[DOUBLEPOST=1368196578][/DOUBLEPOST]That should be everything you need to know to get Minium Bees. Good luck!:p

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Sinister + Mysterious
Frugal + Pupil[DOUBLEPOST=1368196369][/DOUBLEPOST]Mysterious is
Esoteric + Ender
or
Esoteric + Demonic[DOUBLEPOST=1368196407][/DOUBLEPOST]Esoteric is
Imperial + Demonic
or
Heroic + Demonic[DOUBLEPOST=1368196540][/DOUBLEPOST]Demonic is
Sinister + Fiendish (Must be bred in the nether)
Fiendish is
Sinister + Modest/Tropical/Cultivated(Must be done in the Nether)
Sinister is
Modest/Tropical + Cultivated (Again, In the nether)[DOUBLEPOST=1368196578][/DOUBLEPOST]That should be everything you need to know to get Minium Bees. Good luck!:p

Nice, I just finished getting Demonic and already had Ender, so I'm about halfway there already. Thanks man!

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
So...I'm assuming that's what the minium dust is then. I wondered why I didn't see any crafting recipes for that sucker.

Now if only there were minium trees. Of if I know what the functionality for red water is going to be.

*goes back to punching mobs manually*

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
welp, finished automating the long way of obtaining minium shards. On a whim I decided it would be cool to have an xy tank full of molten diamond, just because, but apparently that is not a thing that is doable. *glares at magma crucible*

Peeta

Jul 29, 2019
welp, finished automating the long way of obtaining minium shards. On a whim I decided it would be cool to have an xy tank full of molten diamond, just because, but apparently that is not a thing that is doable. *glares at magma crucible*
Take molten diamond out of a Thermionic Fabricator using a pipette and put it in an appropriate Xycraft tank.

Reactions: BigBrother_

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
So...I'm assuming that's what the minium dust is then. I wondered why I didn't see any crafting recipes for that sucker.

Now if only there were minium trees. Of if I know what the functionality for red water is going to be.

*goes back to punching mobs manually*
The Bees produce shards directly, the dust is from EE3 but is NYI

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Take molten diamond out of a Thermionic Fabricator using a pipette and put it in an appropriate Xycraft tank.

I thought about that, briefly, but given that I'd want to do a max size tank, I don't think I'm up to going back and forth with a pipette for 16,000 buckets worth if that even works. I was hoping that I could liquiduct diamond around as decoration, but it doesn't look like the recommended build even has liquid diamond outside of the thermionic fabricator.

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
There is not another step and the frugal and pupil is an alternative to the sinister + mysterious. Both will result in minium. Also, try it with an uberbreeder alveary in a test world if you are having that much trouble

Peeta

Jul 29, 2019
There is not another step and the frugal and pupil is an alternative to the sinister + mysterious. Both will result in minium. Also, try it with an uberbreeder alveary in a test world if you are having that much trouble
Just for reference, what Extrabees version are you running? I don't want to spend ages trying to get this bee just to find that I have the wrong version :p

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Just for reference, what Extrabees version are you running? I don't want to spend ages trying to get this bee just to find that I have the wrong version :p

I believe it's actually ThaumicBees that adds the Minium Bee and I have to echo this question as I've thrown several nether stars (ya can mass produce 'em with a glowing water farm hehe) at the Sinister + Mysterious combo with no luck. If there's biome or node requirements or the like, that'd be helpful to know.

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
Oh good point Peeta. Silly me didn't think about that...but you may want to check ThaumicBees as that is the mod that adds them, not extrabees. I'm currently running v1.4.4 of ThaumicBees.

EDIT: Ninja'd about the ThamicBees/ExtraBees mishap

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Oh good point Peeta. Silly me didn't think about that...but you may want to check ThaumicBees as that is the mod that adds them, not extrabees. I'm currently running v1.4.4 of ThaumicBees.

EDIT: Ninja'd about the ThamicBees/ExtraBees mishap

Ah that may be why, the recommended version of the ultimate pack uses 1.4.3a