Fantasy ores

Giordano

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all
What pickaxe/s are required to mine the fantasy ores (like mithril) that metallurgy 3 offers in horizons 1.6.4?
thanx

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not positive, but I'm sure a steel or alumite pick would likely do the job, steel should be pretty easy with Metallurgy 3 as long as manganese is enabled. I think I recall a post the other day mentioning it wasn't for some reason.

Giordano

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, ive mined alot... stacks of iron ore/copper ore but yet to see any manganese. when i mine fantasy ores with iron or ruby/saphire/peridot pickaxes, it just disappears once its mined

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Those pickaxes you mentioned are tier 2 or 3 I believe. You need certain tiers for metallurgy ores, with the top tier ores maxing out at tier 6 and tartarite blocks needed tier 7 to be broken once placed.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
Well you could just look at the mod's thread for tables and stuff on what can mine what.
Does Horizons have Extra TiC? There's a table for that as well somewhere, but it's probably the same thing.

The spread sheet I have for Extra TiC only lists what tier each one can mine, but not what each one requires. Most of the Extra TiC metals mine cobalt or below, orichalcum, celengil, and vulcanite can mine mahna mahna, while sanguinite, adamantine, and altarus all mine up to tier 6, tartarite is 7.