Failure to launch with IC2 installed

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Daneitoa

Jul 29, 2019
Well, before I start, I need to say that I couldn't find any place where I could ask for help on this particular subject. So, if I'm in the wrong area, it's simply by mistake.

Currently, I'm having trouble launching my direwolf20 1.7.10 modpack. At that exact point, people could easily say that it's going to be extremely buggy because it's full of mods that were very recently updated. Well, what I ahve to say to that is good job, you've pointed that out, however, thats not all I'm bringing to the table.

I spend about 15 minutes rummaging through the files, to find out whihc mod is causing the modpack to crash. After those fifteen minutes, I found out it was Industrialcraft 2. The mod will not allow the java platform to evne start. Not even a mojang logo shows up. It literally starts up and doesn't leave the lbakc screen. Closes out automatically.

I isolated that mod, ran minecraft with only that mod, ran it without that mod and all the others installed. IC2 is requried. It won't launch without it. Yet, it crashes on the black screen whenever it's even IC2 alone and nothing else. I tried installing FML manually to the 1.7.10 minecraft jar, I reinstalled the packs everal times, I reset my computer, updated Java, I tried the latest version of Industrialcraft, which has had a total of about 10 updates already, and it still didn't work. When I went through the crash logs, it didn't even show anything. Couldn't find anything worthwhile.

So, I'm askign for assistance because I might need this modpack to help out a few friends. Long story short, one of the owners stole money and deleted everything. So the toehr decided to continue on, even start up a DW20 server.

so far, it's ONLY IC2, and I really have no idea how to fix that at all. I don't even think I found the correct error logs.

Daneitoa

Jul 29, 2019
This is what I've got so far from the error logs, running only IC2. Pardon the length, I have no idea what I'm looking at here. Doesn't look like the crash reports I've seen.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Uh... Did I do that?

Time: 11/13/14 3:03 AM
Description: Initializing game

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: scala/collection/Seq
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.ILanguageAdapter$ScalaAdapter.getNewInstance(ILanguageAdapter.java:20)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:486)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:208)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:187)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:118)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:492)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:204)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:480)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:867)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: scala.collection.Seq
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:191)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 36 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:182)
... 38 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.ILanguageAdapter$ScalaAdapter.getNewInstance(ILanguageAdapter.java:20)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:486)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:208)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:187)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:118)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:492)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:204)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:480)

-- Initialization --
Details:
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:867)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.8.0_25, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 317088280 bytes (302 MB) / 726138880 bytes (692 MB) up to 3327655936 bytes (3173 MB)
JVM Flags: 3 total; -Xms256M -Xmx3570M -XX:permSize=256m
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.85.1231 Minecraft Forge 10.13.2.1231 8 mods loaded, 8 mods active
mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
FML{7.10.85.1231} [Forge Mod Loader] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1231-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
Forge{10.13.2.1231} [Minecraft Forge] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1231-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
IC2{2.2.648-experimental} [IndustrialCraft 2] (industrialcraft-2-2.2.648-experimental.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
Baubles{1.0.1.8} [Baubles] (Baubles-1.7.10-1.0.1.8.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
ForgeMultipart{1.1.0.310} [Forge Multipart] (ForgeMultipart-1.7.10-1.1.0.310-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
McMultipart{1.1.0.310} [Minecraft Multipart Plugin] (ForgeMultipart-1.7.10-1.1.0.310-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
ForgeMicroblock{1.1.0.310} [Forge Microblocks] (ForgeMultipart-1.7.10-1.1.0.310-universal.jar) Unloaded
Launched Version: 1.7.10
LWJGL: 2.9.1
OpenGL: AMD Radeon HD6370D Graphics GL version 4.1.10834 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.
GL Caps: Using GL 1.3 multitexturing.
Using framebuffer objects because OpenGL 3.0 is supported and separate blending is supported.
Anisotropic filtering is supported and maximum anisotropy is 16.
Shaders are available because OpenGL 2.1 is supported.

Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Resource Packs: []
Current Language: English (US)
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Anisotropic Filtering: Off (1)