Failed to Login: Bad Login

HojoCat

Jul 29, 2019
I've been getting this all day trying to log in to a multiplayer ftb server
Vanilla minecraft logs in fine on a server
I tried other FTB servers just to check and I got the same message.
I deleted all FTB settings and let it download all the mods again and I could connect!
Then I got disconnected and it was back to Bad Login again...
I tried deleting the settings again figuring it would help again... it didn't. I still can't connect.

Others who play on the same server are having the same problem. Is there something affecting a lot of users today and only for FTB?

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently its for anyone using mc within 1.6.4 and occasionally for 1.5.2 and 1.4.7

It also appears to only occur 99% of the time, so occasionally people can make it onto the servers.

Mojang support says they are looking into the issue, however:

1. They don't know what the problem is yet
2. There is no ETA because of 1.

Everyone on 1.7.2 is fine though.

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the info. i've got the same problem atm so i was looking if it is a general problem atm.

intelic76

Jul 29, 2019
Grr, I was starting to go insane, glad to see I'm not the only one... I've been playing on locally hosted smp ultimate and unleashed servers for over a month now and starting yesterday I keep getting this error as well.. It comes and goes, I even checked the help.mojang site to be sure all the services were up..

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
You can try changing texture packs(Install one if you only have default), trying to join repeatedly(Join a few times spam refresh a ton try again; apparently direct connect has better success), force update minecraft/ftb, and/or change your mojang account password. These methods have worked sporadically for some people so I cannot guarantee they will work but there's no harm in trying them.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know what caused this, but I know the ways I've experienced this issue in the past.
I was disconnected from the server I was playing on, and a plugin recognized that I was still connected when I tried to reconnect.
The only other time I've experienced this problem was when I was testing a dupe glitch back ion 1.2.5. I logged in on one computer to the server, and tried logging in to the same server (using the same account) from another computer.

That's completely unrelated (I think) to this issue, but I can confirm that Mojang is aware of the problem, and that is seems to be effecting all players, though at random times.

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
i tested it with direct connect and not the saved server entry and with this i connect.
Ok disconnected, deletet the saved server entry and recreated -> same problem. Tryed direct connect -> not working.
so it was a lucky connect that had nothing to do with the way i conneced.

But it shows that everything with my (and others) account data is ok

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Here too.

Connecting with a saved server is hopeless. We do get lucky occasionally with Direct Connect (strange), but it's a lottery hit and miss.

Getting quite frustrating now :( Been on and off for the past 3-4 days.

Bierhamster

Jul 29, 2019
I still have this problem with bad login, my friends can join my server running with Direwolf 20 pack, but Istill get the bad login error.
Vanilla-Minecraft works fine.

(Solved: I deleted my profile and created it again.)

Last edited:

D33structo

Jul 29, 2019
the problem is is that when you login to Vanilla minecraft you have a profile in one place. then, when you load up FTB and sign in you have a profile in another place, Or "2 computers". so they interfere with each other thinking that you have Minecraft open at the same time, in two different places. the way i fix it is resetting my password to the same password i had before. this seems to work instead of just logging out of Vanilla Minecraft-thats not enough for it.