Factory Tech Series

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Ah yes of course, that's a good point! I was thinking of extracting the nuggets and auto crafting into ingots to make blades, but the standard 9xnugget for 1 ingot recipe doesn't seem to work. Do they need to be made into tiny dust first?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

...oops :p

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
@lucariomaster2 I have a suggestion for you. Different strengths of gears and blades, like the standard iron one, but I can make a diamond that lasts 3x as long and is 50% faster, or an emerald one that lasts 5x as long and is 75% faster. And maybe a gold one that lasts half as long but is 100% faster like gold tools.

C

Closet Gamer

@lucariomaster2 I have a suggestion for you. Different strengths of gears and blades, like the standard iron one, but I can make a diamond that lasts 3x as long and is 50% faster, or an emerald one that lasts 5x as long and is 75% faster. And maybe a gold one that lasts half as long but is 100% faster like gold tools.
I love this idea but I think a diamond one should last a lot longer. For example (in terms of spawn rarity) iron is 1 in 64 blocks whereas diamond is 1 in 8046 (I think) so it's 124x as rare. I think 3x as long would be underpowered and not worth it - 124x as long however could be balanced.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: lucariomaster2

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019

I really like this idea - it's one I've been toying with myself for awhile. I think the way I'd like to do it is to have better parts be more complex or require higher tier machines to make, instead of just being more expensive.

(But gold saw blades aren't happening. I may cut some corners (this isn't RotaryCraft), but I'm aiming for at least moderate realism. :p )

BTW, in the future I'd appreciate it if you posted your suggestions in the mod's own thread instead of this one. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
I really like this idea - it's one I've been toying with myself for awhile. I think the way I'd like to do it is to have better parts be more complex or require higher tier machines to make, instead of just being more expensive.

BTW, in the future I'd appreciate it if you posted your suggestions in the mod's own thread instead of this one. :)
Will do.