Factory Tech Series

C

Closet Gamer

Oo I'm going to have to watch this, I saw the post about the mod and thought it looked interesting!
Sweet, he's done a good job with it! Juggling this and Age of Engineering is going to be difficult so I may just have this as a very tightly cut highlight series - I'm not sure yet.

I was up til 2am recording and editing this so I'll decide when the edges of things are looking a little less...fuzzy

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

C

Closet Gamer

Great first episode! Gonna be following this series closely.
Man that's made my day :) hope the series leads to more people playing it - its very good so far. I'm going to get those grates semi-automated for ep2 I think.

The mods gave me a week long ban for posting the video on FTB Reddit apparently it's self promotion. I sent you a message on there anyways - it would be good to discuss some things.

Cheers!

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
I would make dozens of the river grates, linked to a AE system supplying Wooden Messes, obviously a Wood Farm.

C

Closet Gamer

I would make dozens of the river grates, linked to a AE system supplying Wooden Messes, obviously a Wood Farm.
I worry that adding applied energistics to handle the distribution of parts would defeat the object of the mod, I think the intent is to use conveyors etc to move things around

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
You're right, using solve-everything automation like AE2, EIO, and Refined Storage kinda defeats the purpose. However, if FPS becomes too much of an issue, I don't see a problem with using simpler automation such as Thermal Dynamics.

Reactions: Closet Gamer

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
You're right, using solve-everything automation like AE2, EIO, and Refined Storage kinda defeats the purpose. However, if FPS becomes too much of an issue, I don't see a problem with using simpler automation such as Thermal Dynamics.
same problem, most of the thermal dynamics pipes show some sort of rendering to indicate use. Personally I would recommend Ender IO conduits.

C

Closet Gamer

Did they? I actually haven't touched 1.12.2 outside of mod development.

Oh well. EIO conduits are a bit too smart for my personal liking, but @Closet Gamer it's your world and your series so really you can do what you want. :)
I think energistics and steam punk would feel weird together and against the premise of the mod I'll keep it stock for the moment. Besides, i like seeing the items moving around... the days i spent watching my buildcraft quarry pipe items back to an intricate storage facility in tekkit... Those were good times!

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
I think energistics and steam punk would feel weird together and against the premise of the mod I'll keep it stock for the moment. Besides, i like seeing the items moving around... the days i spent watching my buildcraft quarry pipe items back to an intricate storage facility in tekkit... Those were good times!

Ah the days of lag.

C

Closet Gamer

Episode 2! Some early river grate automation. I think this mini series is gonna get complex so hold onto your butts!

Last edited:
Reactions: lucariomaster2
C

Closet Gamer

Nice second episode! One tip, you can still use an Autocrafter if down the line the Chop Saw is consuming too much metal.
Ah yes of course, that's a good point! I was thinking of extracting the nuggets and auto crafting into ingots to make blades, but the standard 9xnugget for 1 ingot recipe doesn't seem to work. Do they need to be made into tiny dust first?