[1.12.2] Factory Tech: A challenging automation-focused tech mod (October 29: 1.6)

C

Closet Gamer

the lack of mods i like, don't get me wrong i'm sure 1.12 has great mods but none of these appeal to me or are already for 1.7.10

I also don't find the new vanilla features interesting or useful i think i've played modded too much lul
If you wanna try it out why not have both?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

C

Closet Gamer

It's not an inventory - item entities are dropped into the top and come out one of the sides or the bottom.
Ah I see, that makes sense now. I thought It could collect from any side and was trying g to push stuff into it :D

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
So, I'm not exactly sure how to use the circuit scribe. I have the pattern programmed, but I don't see anyplace to put the quartz plate.

EDIT: I figured it out, but the place where you put the plate is kinda invisible :/

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
A few tiers.
Diamond 5X as long.
Emerald 10X as long
Nether Star Infinite.
I think, and feel free to correct me on this, that parts last X operations garunteed, with a Y% chance to break each operation after that.

So, better might be, for gears:
Diamond: 2x as long, 10% less chance to break
Emerald: 5x as long, 25% less chance to break
Nether Star: 20x as long, 50% less chance to break

All numbers compared to iron gears.

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
I think, and feel free to correct me on this, that parts last X operations garunteed, with a Y% chance to break each operation after that.

So, better might be, for gears:
Diamond: 2x as long, 10% less chance to break
Emerald: 5x as long, 25% less chance to break
Nether Star: 20x as long, 50% less chance to break

All numbers compared to iron gears.
I think that these numbers are fine but with a few tweaks:
Add a gold tier with 1.5x as long and 5% less chance to break
A config for nether star to be infinite.

C

Closet Gamer

I think that these numbers are fine but with a few tweaks:
Add a gold tier with 1.5x as long and 5% less chance to break
A config for nether star to be infinite.
Kinda gets me thinking of tinkers construct enhancements you could add... Imagine a cutting blade with fortune added that give you extra bits and pieces :D

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Different part tiers with different lifetimes are now functionally in place; however, there is still work to be done for crafting recipes and the multitude of new sprites. I may consider giving different parts other effects in the future; however, remember that machine upgrades are also a thing.

But don't get your hopes up for unbreakable parts. :)

So, I'm not exactly sure how to use the circuit scribe. I have the pattern programmed, but I don't see anyplace to put the quartz plate.

EDIT: I figured it out, but the place where you put the plate is kinda invisible :/

Will be fixed in the next update. Thanks!

One more thing; Ore dictionary support is a bit wonky.

Would you mind elaborating on this a bit? I have a general idea of what you mean, but I'd like to be on the same page as you.

Reactions: Closet Gamer

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
Would you mind elaborating on this a bit? I have a general idea of what you mean, but I'd like to be on the same page as you.
I have Thermal Expansion installed, (because it was feeling a bit too vanilla for my tastes) and the underclock upgrade wasn't accepting TE copper dust. Ok, minor annoyance, I'll just grind up some ingots in the drill grinder. Turns out, it only accepts FT ingots, not TE ingots. So, I have to hunt for some copper ore, grind it in the drill grinder, smelt it, and put it in the drill grinder again.

But it's not that ore dictionary doesn't work at all. I can smelt TE dusts in the electric furnace (to get TE ingots), and I can use TE ingots do do other crafts and in other machines.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
I have Thermal Expansion installed, (because it was feeling a bit too vanilla for my tastes) and the underclock upgrade wasn't accepting TE copper dust. Ok, minor annoyance, I'll just grind up some ingots in the drill grinder. Turns out, it only accepts FT ingots, not TE ingots. So, I have to hunt for some copper ore, grind it in the drill grinder, smelt it, and put it in the drill grinder again.

But it's not that ore dictionary doesn't work at all. I can smelt TE dusts in the electric furnace (to get TE ingots), and I can use TE ingots do do other crafts and in other machines.
Well that could be a problem considering most pack devs disable all ores except one to keep world gen simple.

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
Could someone explain to me how pipes work? I'm having troubles getting them to transfer from the fluid extraction drill to the compression chamber.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Could someone explain to me how pipes work? I'm having troubles getting them to transfer from the fluid extraction drill to the compression chamber.

Use an Extraction Pump.

EDIT:

This will be fixed in the next update.

Last edited:

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019

Sorry, didn't see this until now. This is correct - in addition, once the part is able to break, that % chance increases every operation until it does.

Also, version 1.1.0 is released!

EDIT: Version 1.1.1 is currently going through CurseForge. By (very) popular demand, you can now shift-click into and out of machines!

EDIT 2: 1.1.1b. Nothing to see here, just a simple fix to a medium-sized bug.

Last edited:
C

Closet Gamer

Just pushed out 1.1.1c to CurseForge, which enables the Monkey Wrench to rotate inventoried blocks (such as machines) as well.
Sounds good dude! I've not forgotten this great mod, just been too busy with real life and age of engineering! I plan to pick up the series and cover a lot of the changes as soon as I have time :)

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds good dude! I've not forgotten this great mod, just been too busy with real life and age of engineering! I plan to pick up the series and cover a lot of the changes as soon as I have time :)

All good! Don't worry about the delays - I've been super busy with university as well.