Open F7 qnd F9 overlays don't work

B

boballama

Summary of the problem F7 qnd F9 overlays don't work

Pack Version 1.2.0

What is the bug? Really 1.2.1. Worked as expected in 1.1.4 and 1.2.0 but after updating my server and player to 1.2.1 this morning F7 no longer shows lighting levels and F9 doesn't show chunk boundaries. I no longer use F7 as I prefer the F4 numbering display. But I use F9 a lot when designing my bases.

If it matters, my server and client player are on running on the same computer. And I have no performance issues with this configuration. I pretty much play single player with a local server.

Mod & Version I don't know what mod processes these two overlays.

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? Yes.

Known Fix None.

Yaeger

Jul 29, 2019
I think you can use F4 for light levels as well.

I am missing the chunk boundary overlay as well.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
In 1.7.10, these were added by NEI. With the delay in getting NEI updated to 1.10.2, a handful of smaller mods were made to fill in some of those features. It looks like the DW20 pack picked Light Level Overlay Reloaded, which shows the light level as red and green numbers with f4 as the default control key. To fix it, you might have to add another mod to the pack.

B

boballama

In 1.7.10, these were added by NEI. With the delay in getting NEI updated to 1.10.2, a handful of smaller mods were made to fill in some of those features. It looks like the DW20 pack picked Light Level Overlay Reloaded, which shows the light level as red and green numbers with f4 as the default control key. To fix it, you might have to add another mod to the pack.

MacAisling, I seemed to have not made myself clear. The F7 light levels and the F9 chunk overlay were working in the 1.2.0 version of this modpack. So I am not comparing the 1.10.2 version of this modpack to the 1.7.10 version. Secondly, I have been using the F4 light level overlay and have been quite pleased with it. So I don't miss the older F7 version. But I do miss the F9 chunk boundary overlay.

From what I can see when I compare the mod list for 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 I see only 3 mods that have changed. EnderIO, FTBLib, and FTBUtilities. And I expect that one of the latter two mods' changes may be impacting the F9 overlay.

Aelrath

Jul 29, 2019
Hi boballama. I've also seen the issue with F7/F9 not working with the current Direwolf20 1.10 1.2.1 pack. I did some digging and found that FTBUtilities recently removed the functionality from their mod by digging into their github commits. Here is the title of the commit to the change and a link if you are interested - "Removed light value and chunk border renderers. These were temp replacent for NEI anyway" https://github.com/LatvianModder/FTBUtilities/commit/3d426ab000a6356f3046d69c8de0faffeab89b05 . Will probably have to rely on https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/more-overlays or other overlay mods.