ExUtils2 and RF transmitter problem

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
A

Anton_

I've used ExUtils2 GP and have powered devices with wireless RF before, when I worked through DW20 Let's Play S8, and it worked fine. Now I can't get it to work. I know I'm missing something, but I can't see it. {I'm working through DW20's S9 atm.)

I have 15 Water Mills each generating the max 16GP each, total 240, so I'm generating plenty of GP. To test that, I have an ExUtils2 Resonator, and which turns a lump of Coal into Red Coal, as expected.

I have an ExUtils2 RF Transmitter, mounted directly above a RefStrg Controller, that shows "Grid Power: 1 / 240", "Power drain 1", and "Serving 1 tile". My understanding is that the RF Transmitter should deliver up to 80RF to a served tile (and there is only one in my setup at the moemnt).R-clicking the transmitter shows the exoected stream of red blocks going to the RefStrg Controller. But it's not imparting any power to the Controller.

(I've also placed a ExUtils RF Battery, but it doesn't charge.)

Feeling rather stupid, and hoping some kind soul might offer guidance, please?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
RS's controller is very power hungry, so it might be getting power, but not enough to actually run. As for the battery, same as above, but make sure you're connecting to the side, because I don't think it works from the top. Try plugging in a couple of EnderIO conduits, to feed another 80RF/t per conduit. It acts like an antenna.

A

Anton_

Thanks KingTriaxx.

The RS Controller was definitely not getting any power - after an hour of it being attached to only one other item (RS Disk Drive with one disk) there was nothing at all in the controller's buffer. Same for the ExUtils2 RF battery (er... I thought that battery picks up GP over the ether?).

EnderIO regretfully not available in this modpack (but that would anyway not help me understand why RF transmitters won't work).

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
It should work with any flavor of energy piping. Ah, I see I had my season number's confused. Try with Leadstone Fluxducts. That should work the same way.

Why are you building your RS system so far from your power?

A

Anton_

It works fine with Leadstone Fluxducts, but that's not the issue that's confounding me.

I'd wanted to get RS up and going quickly, as I'd moved to a new base (empty as yet), and had hoped that an RF Transmitter would do the trick. I just wanted a Controller, a Disk Drive, and a Grid, so that I could get at my stuff. I thought that would not be a burden for the RS Transmitter?

I still don't understand why it wouldn't give any power at all to the RS Controller, despite showing the usual stream of red blocks to the Contyroller.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
No clue. It's never worked right from anyone I've seen use it. There are a couple other blocks as well it just doesn't like.