extremely laggy?

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
G

GAPDaTsar

Title extremely laggy?

Launcher Type Twitch Desktop App

Modpack FTB Revelation

Modpack version 1.12.2

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file https://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/93bdd862

Details of the issue The latest FTB Revelation update is extremely laggy. It runs at one frame about every seven seconds and when every time I try to create a new world or exit a world the game crashes. It takes about three minutes to create a new world too. The game also freezes very often. I did not have this problem with the last version, which ran very smoothly. I still have the same computer, the same launcher type, same OS, but the latest version of Revelation does not work anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
[20:46:56] [main/INFO]: Mapping started in C:\Users\Gabe Pitts\Documents\Curse\Minecraft\Instances\FTB Revelation (2)\journeymap\data\sp\Epic Survival~\DIM0. Memory: 2478MB total, 73MB free
[20:54:39] [Server thread/INFO]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

How many RAM do U have on computer? And how many RAM shared to MC?

G

GAPDaTsar

[20:46:56] [main/INFO]: Mapping started in C:\Users\Gabe Pitts\Documents\Curse\Minecraft\Instances\FTB Revelation (2)\journeymap\data\sp\Epic Survival~\DIM0. Memory: 2478MB total, 73MB free
[20:54:39] [Server thread/INFO]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

How many RAM do U have on computer? And how many RAM shared to MC?
My computer has 8 gigs of RAM. I associated 3.8 gigs of RAM to MC after the error report.

G

GAPDaTsar

The logs shows that only 3GB was allocated to the pack. But I also wonder how much system RAM the OP has as well.
I have 8 gigs of RAM and I allocated 3.8 gigs of RAM to MC after the error report.

G

GAPDaTsar

Good news everyone! The pack was running off of 32 bit java instead of the latest 64 bit java. I downloaded the 64 bit java and FTB Revelation runs quite smooth now. Also, 3.8 gigabytes of RAM have been associated to running FTB Revelation.