extremely compact factory/farm facility

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
yes this is Yet Another Magic Crop OP Build(tm). But this one is pretty darn cool in how things are managed.

2014-05-06_02.02.51.png

The growing area is just a 3x3 patch, but has timewood clocks, lamps of growth, fertilized dirt, a sprinkler, and sigils of natures bounty to speed up growth to the point the plants only take a few seconds to mature.

2014-05-06_02.03.00.png

underneath the growing platform is a small AE system that handles seed and essence storage, and autocrafting of the essence drops into their final items

2014-05-06_02.03.13.png

underneath the MAC is the power source, a squid tank with ranchers feeding ink sacs to a MFR BioReactor, feed biofuel to biogenerators keeping a redstone cell full of energy.

2014-05-06_02.03.21.png

the stack of chests have export buses and level emitters setup to keep a certain amount of items in stock. the export buses are all set to craft always, active without signal. the storage buses make the items visible to the ae system and configured to filter only the items being crafted by the export buses. each chest holds 2 different items, hence the dual export/emitter setups on each chest.

2014-05-06_02.03.42.png

So whats the big deal? check it:
2014-05-06_02.04.08.png

this is everything the factory can make right now. every chest is set up to autocraft all these items until a certain level is reached. but how is it all done with just a 3x3 area to grow a crop?

2014-05-06_02.04.39.png

2014-05-06_02.04.27.png

2014-05-06_02.05.05.png

each item autocrafted needs a certain type of essence to produce it...diamonds need diamond essence, nether quartz needs nether essence, etc. so when an item is requested, the first thing the network looks for is the essence it needs...well if its not there, it will request it via the interfaces on the planter. so lets say the network requests a diamond, it will look for diamond essence. the interfaces on the planter has a pattern to produce diamond essence with diamond seeds...so the interface delivers the seeds to the planter, and the diamond crop is grown. once harvested, the seeds are back in the system, waiting for next request to grow another batch. and the essence is crafted into a diamond. repeat for all the other items set up in the mac.

the beauty of this is all the essence patterns are configured as 8 seeds -> 8 essence. so only 8 seeds of every crop type is needed in the system. and because its only 8 seeds, the system can que up batches of multiple types of crops in one go (up to 16, planter has 16 inventory slots), and as the plants are harvested, the next batch immediately gets planted and keeps going until it runs through all the seeds.

the only drawback to this is speed...it takes a while to get a stack of any item, especially if several crops are in the queue for planting/harvesting. but still..considering how small this build is, and how extremely efficient on power and storage space this is...its pretty scary what can be done with a few seeds and some AE/MFR automation ;)

the tree on the side...that will eventually become an herba farm to feed the lamps of growth. im still setting up all the possible items that can be made with magic crops...and its a big list.

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
eh u dont need it...i expanded the crop area to a 7x7 grid, and added more lilypads...they grow fast enough without the am sigils

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
eh u dont need it...i expanded the crop area to a 7x7 grid, and added more lilypads...they grow fast enough without the am sigils
Ok great :)

I will probably use that design for an 'auto mimichite' farm

Just need to get into thaumcraft and get some timewood :p

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
you should see mine now. since the original post ive added many items, and I buffer all the crop essence drops as well (keeping like 500+ each in stock). mimichite is just one of the 2 pages of ae recipes i have auto crafted in my system now, and still working on more. i removed the tree, now i just grow coal and use the earth and water element crops to make leaves to keep the lamps stocked with herba

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
i removed the tree farm...instead im using earth and water elemental crops to generate leaf blocks, and a coal crop to generate coal for an alchemical furnace, pipe the herba to one jar sitting above the lamps

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
i removed the tree farm...instead im using earth and water elemental crops to generate leaf blocks, and a coal crop to generate coal for an alchemical furnace, pipe the herba to one jar sitting above the lamps

I like that solution, it's probably tidier than automating alumentum

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
i've taken this build to the next level....

i give you, CropZilla

2014-05-31_04.29.42.png

this runs almost exactly like the machine in the original post...but i took this one way farther. my goal in this is to produce as many items, vanilla and mod based, with only the materials that can be grown in the farms you see here. the main 'greenhouse' is the main crop area, where all magic crop and some vanilla items are grown. to the left is a melon, pumpkin and cocoa bean farm. to the right is a sugar cane farm, and 3 tree farms, one each of apple oak, ic2 rubber tree, and jungle tree farms. there are steps on the bottom of the image that go underground to the rooms where seeds go off to the main crop, and the ae/storage/machine area underneath that manages autocrafting everything. this will get its own thread as i complete more of the system, stay tuned ;)

Reactions: christhereaper

christhereaper

Jul 29, 2019
i've taken this build to the next level....

i give you, CropZilla

2014-05-31_04.29.42.png

this runs almost exactly like the machine in the original post...but i took this one way farther. my goal in this is to produce as many items, vanilla and mod based, with only the materials that can be grown in the farms you see here. the main 'greenhouse' is the main crop area, where all magic crop and some vanilla items are grown. to the left is a melon, pumpkin and cocoa bean farm. to the right is a sugar cane farm, and 3 tree farms, one each of apple oak, ic2 rubber tree, and jungle tree farms. there are steps on the bottom of the image that go underground to the rooms where seeds go off to the main crop, and the ae/storage/machine area underneath that manages autocrafting everything. this will get its own thread as i complete more of the system, stay tuned ;)

o0
I like this, it's exactly what i was working on

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Can you make something like this based on FTBLite2? Maybe with laser drill?

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
Can you make something like this based on FTBLite2? Maybe with laser drill?

it would need applied energistics and magical crops added. why the laser drill tho?
no reliquary, random things or thaumcraft, that will kill the speed of crop growth too..thats why ftblite2 is so lite ;)

i do this with a heavily trimmed down monster pack. no reactorcraft, rotarycraft, meteorcraft, geostrata, mffs, powersuits, mystcraft, agriculture, mariculture, dyetrees, dragon api, engineers toolbox, emashers, logi pipes, bibliocraft, natura, qcraft, enderio...i have it down to about 100 mods

Last edited:

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
it would need applied energistics and magical crops added. why the laser drill tho?
no reliquary, random things or thaumcraft, that will kill the speed of crop growth too..thats why ftblite2 is so lite ;)

i do this with a heavily trimmed down monster pack. no reactorcraft, rotarycraft, meteorcraft, geostrata, mffs, powersuits, mystcraft, agriculture, mariculture, dyetrees, dragon api, engineers toolbox, emashers, logi pipes, bibliocraft, natura, qcraft, enderio...i have it down to about 100 mods

you could reenable rotarycraft is has sprinklers that shoot bonemeal around ;)

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
FTBLite2 has fertiliser. That can be "milked" from cows.
And laser drill is a way of converting energy to minerals.

Last edited:

christhereaper

Jul 29, 2019
FTBLite2 has fertiliser. That can be "milked" from cows.
And laser drill is a way of converting energy to minerals.

If its about using a Laser drill, you could just use something along those lines:
Coal -> Pulverizer -> Coal Dust -> Magma Crucible -> Liquifacted Coal -> Compression Dynamo -> Drill (use a few Black Foci to ensure steady Coal flow)
or:
Gelid Cryotheum + Energized Glowstone -> Glowstone -> Magma Crucible -> Energized Glowstone -> Reactant Dynamo (add some Sugar or Redstone) -> Drill