Problem Extreme Lag caused by Logistic Pipes

U

Umli

So my friends and I are playing the FTB presents Crackpack modpack on a private server hosted on nitrado. We were playing normally when the server started to get really slow and eventually we all timed out.
Before that happened I was setting up a digital miner in a mining world were a few quarries were running. The items were output in a chest first and then pulled out by logistic pipes into a tesseract transporting items into a wooden chest in my overworld base. I was building a sorting system using the logistical sorter when the items just stopped coming in. I went to the mining world and reconnected the pipe but it still did not pull. So I went afk for a few minutes and when I was back at my keyboard the server had severe lags. We later managed to log into the server again and found out that a ton of items were bouncing between the chest and the tesseract because it had started pulling again and my chest in the overworld got full i think.
Now the server lags so behind that we cant even connect anymore and I don´t know how to fix it. The last useful backup is yesterday at 11am and we were playing the whole day. Is it possible to turn off the mod for a moment and try to remove the pipe or would that crash anything?